Thirty Six || Stand Down

Kamer is drinking in my apartment. He's. Drinking. In. My. Apartment. What, the Hell is going on here? Where's the tough scarydickhead I've only ever known? I mean he's still a Dickhead now, but he doesn't seem nearly intimidating with some alcohol in his system. What ever happened to me never having to talk to Kamer or Autumn? I mean, she's not here right now, but it's only a matter of time before she shows up too. When there's one, the other is never short behind. "Vena! Drink!" Kamer shouts at me from across the kitchen. Oh, Dear. I look over at his direction and see a lazy expression on his face. I shake my head in uninterest. I don't feel like drinking and I am most certainly am not in the mood to drink with him. How I see it, he's the enemy. He's with that bitch, Autumn and I'd prefer not to associate myself with that.

He groans, "Prissy Bitch," he mumbles under his breath.

I raise an eyebrow at his cowardly statement. "Don't be fucking rude."

James nods as soon as he swallows his drink, "Don't forget whose home you're in, Kamer," James follows with his statement. He sets his glass against the counter, making it clink against it.

Kamer shakes his head, pouring another shot of tequila. "Just telling the truth."

I sit down beside James on a stool, "Yeah, well, no one asked for it and frankly, it's irrelevant."

Kamer leans forward slightly over the counter. "Fine, then do a shot," he spouts, sliding the small glass over the marble countertop.

"Ven, you don't have to," James offers, but I know I do.

My eyes drop from his arrogant face to the liquid in front of me. Should I do it? One can't hurt can it? At least then, it'll get him off my back. In one swift moment, I down the liquid, but, of course, not easily. I cough loudly as I choke it down. I feel warmness overtake my stomach as soon as it hits my stomach.

For about a half hour, Kamer spouts about something about Autumn. He doesn't give much information about the situation, but does call her a bitch about a dozen times. Of course, by the time this is all said, there's a knock of the door. Can I guess who it is?

Just as I am about to get up to answer it, Kamer yells: "Come in!"

What, the Fuck? Since when does he think that he lives here? Or has literally any say at all here? Almost immediately after Kamer utters the words, the door swings open, which does, in fact, confirm my thoughts. Autumn strides through, slamming the door behind her. She doesn't look angry, though. Bitchy, she still looks bitchy that for sure. I suppose she just slammed my door because she sends destruction through everything she touches. Without ever bothering to take off her boots— I mean, I don't know why I would think she would— she makes her way into the kitchen, not a word said to me.

She clears her throat and crosses her arms over her chest, facing Kamer, but his back is to her. With move James and I completely silent and James eyes slightly wide. Kamer does nothing, but pour himself another drink. Kamer's eyes rise to James's and then at me, "What's with you two?"

"Kamer, what, the fuck are you doing here?" Autumn snaps in a low tone, startling Kamer.

He turns to her, clearly shaken up over her presence. "When did you get here?" Kamer slurs to her calmly. He turns on the stool to face her.

Now, she's looking like she's getting much more angry. Jesus Christ, if they're going to yell at each other, can they at least leave. I don't need noise complaints.

"What are you doing here?" she repeats herself, her tone much more harsh this time.

Kamer looks back at her, but doesn't say anything. Maybe Autumn isn't threatening to him, maybe he's not scared of her. Instead, he downs the shot he poured for himself.