Sixteen || Disheartening

As I look at the door and see Ryder comforting his sister, my eyes widen. Oh, fuçk, Grayson is on his way right now.

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? I mean, I can't tell Leah to go because she's an emotional wreck and I can't tell Grayson not to come over because he is a nervous wreck.

Oh, God, this is a mess.

Leah notices that we have company and she walk over to me. "Um, can I talk to you in your room, Ven?" she sniffles.

I nod, "Yes, let's go."

She is a genius. Thank you, Leah.

She nods and heads in the direction of my room. "You coming?" she wonders with a sad look in her eyes.

"You go on, I'll be there in a minute."

She nods and goes into my room. I smile until she shuts the door and I rush into the living room.

"Okay people, it's about to get fuçking dramatic up in this joint and if you don't want to deal with it, then out you go," I say rather harsher than I intended.

Ryder nods, "Do you want me to take you home?" he asks Creana.

She shrugs, "It would probably be best."

"I am so sorry to cut this short, but I really didn't think that that this would end so terribly. We'll do it again, just not tonight," I apologize to her as well as I can right now.

She nods, "No, no, it's alright, I understand," she stands up and puts on her coat and slides on her shoes.

Both James and I smile at her and wave to her and say goodbye. As soon as the door shut behind them, I immediately start explaining to James exactly what the situation is.

"Okay, I am not joking about the yelling, alright? This is about to get intense. Grayson is on his way over here because he apparently lost her and I mean he literally lost her. She ran off and apparently, he lost her. Anyways, she ran here and clearly she's trying to get away from him. Of course, they are both really worked up right now, so can you please just try and calm him down when he gets here?" I sit down on the edge of the seat.

"Of course, I'm sure it won't be that difficult," he shrugs it off nonchalantly.

I raise my eyebrow at him, "Oh, you're so naïve. You'll see and then you will regret ever uttering those words."

His face goes from calm and relaxed to tense and slightly worried.

I nod, "Oh, yeah."

He sighs, "Well, if he runs off, I'm not going to be able to chase him."

I nod, he makes a good point and in this sort of situation, I know that Grayson would try and go out looking for her and James won't get a step in before Grayson is out the door.

"Okay, here's what we are going to do. I have a feeling that Ryder will be coming back, so you need to just keep him here until then, because Ryder can stop him from leaving. They're are both in the state where they might do irrational things, so just try to keep him at bay. I'm going to keep Leah in my room and try to calm her down to the point where she would be okay with talking to him. If Grayson tries to run, call me and I'm not joking, I will tackle that little bitch," I explain fully.

"Are you saying that these two aren't going to know that they are both in this apartment at the same time?" he asks.

There's a loud knock on the door and I jump a bit a bit at the sound. "Yes, that is what I'm saying."

As I walk to open the door, he turns around hastily, "So, do you just plan on disappearing when he so obviously came here for your support?"

I shake my head at my own judgement. "Fuçk, right. You open the door and tell him that I had to lay down because I had an bad headache or something."