Fifty Six || Lost in Pieces

Vena's POV

How the hell did he find me? Oh, I bet it was one of those boys. Obviously Creana would tell her boyfriend that she's going out tonight. James can get anything out of anyone, so it's no surprise that he got those boys to talk.

With so much alcohol in my system, I don't know how to feel about James sitting beside me. I mean, I should be angry. I am angry. I'm just too drunk to care right now.

"I'm sorry, I really am, but I had to go," James tells me, a still slur in his voice.

I groan, "Oh my God, who cares?! You left and I cried, it's whatever. God." I tell him, the annoyance clear in my tone.

He looks completely taken aback by my statement, "What?" He asks.

I look at him, his handsome face confused. "I do not care right now. I am drunk, James. I am not in the right mind to yell at you right now."

He nods, looking down at his drink. "Then where do we go from here?"

I shrug because truthfully I have no fucking clue. I mean I was drinking in peace until he got here. Unfortunately Jason had to go, which really did make me sad. He made me laugh so hard that I couldn't breath.

Now I have to deal with my distraught boyfriend but I don't even know what to say. I feel like if I tried really hard, I could yell at him, get good and angry. I just don't want to. I want to be happy and drunk and that's what I plan to do. "I'm going to drink, you can do whatever you want."

Even I'm surprised at myself that I'm not yelling at him. I mean sober me would totally be yelling right now, holy fuck, would she be yelling.

"How's Grant doing?" he asks me. So he's referring to the breakup.

I shrug, "Better than before you left."

He looks away from me like he embarrassed of himself. Jesus, why the hell is he so sad? He needs more to drink, that's what he needs.

"Drink that," I tell him gesturing to the shot in front of him.

He looks down at it, "Why?"

"Because you're way too sad to be in this club, so drink up." I slide the shot closer to him. "Can we get three more?" I ask the bartender. He smiles at me and grabs three shot glasses.

James downs the half empty shot glass. The bartender passes us the other three shots. "Now, those. All of them," I slide the tray to James.

"What about you?" He asks.

I shake my head, "I already have a drink, go on."

I watch as James downs one shot after another. Fifteen minutes later James is staring at me with a goofy smile on his face. "You know, I hate that place so much. I mean, come on I am nothing like those people."

I nod, bringing my drink up to my mouth. "I know, I know, this is what I've been telling you,"
I set the empty glass down on the countertop. "You are nothing like those people and come on—on tell me, why does Autumn have to be such a bitch to me?!" I say loudly, my voice raging. "I mean I did nothing to her, I gave her no invitation to ride my dick, but here we are!"

James clears his throat. "It's because you're my girlfriend, she thinks you're a threat because she thinks that you control me."

"Hah!" I pat the counter. "That's a good one, huh?!"

He smiles, "Boy, was she wrong!"

We laugh together, with no real care of the true realities of our lives. Neither of us really say anything after that. "I'll have another," I tell the bartender. There's no way in hell I am going to let myself sober up.