Sixty Three || One Night Stand

Vena's POV

As James stares back at me with surprised eyes and a clear indication that he's about to tell me something, but I don't want to hear it. In fact, I just want to go back to the city and lay in that comfy bed that Creana lets me sleep in. Oh God, Creana. She's going to come home and find that I disappeared. I should just text her and tell her... tell her what? I don't exactly know that yet, but I do know that she's going to call all the guys looking for me and when that doesn't work then they're all going to get worried. God, I should just go home now before she starts making those phone calls.

I shake my head at him and start for the door. "I need to get back. I'm sorry for what happened, but you have to know that I would never do it sober. I'm sorry, I'm just going to go." I reach for the door handle, but James's urgent voice stops me.

"Wait, Vena!" He stands up.

I turn around and shake my head, "No, it's okay. What is done is done. I just want to go home."

In two strides he grabs my arm, stopping me from going any further. "Listen to my side of the story before you go."

With his hand still wrapped around my forearm, I look up at him. "James, I just want to go home," I whine as I feel a yawn coming on. This whole day has been draining and I want nothing more than to just get out of here.

He leads me back to the chair I was sitting in and I drag my feet, making it that much more impossible to get me over there. I groan loudly and obnoxiously as I sit down in the chair.

"Just listen to what I have to say and you can go where ever you please."

"I could go where ever I please with or without your permission," I remind him.

He sits back on his bed and sits up, looking at me. I don't know what he's going to say, but it seems important so I stay put.

"Well, go on," I urge him in mid yawn.

He nods, "Right, well it all started off will a phone call. I called you pretty late last night just see if you would pick up. You did. You were obviously drunk, but in the background, I heard a man's voice. I don't really know what I thought, I just knew that I needed to find you. So, Kamer let me take the car into the city to find you. I went to the apartment building first to see if Grayson, Grant or Ryder would tell me and they did. Grayson, not so much. He's uh... he's really pissed at me. Anyways, so after I found out that you were at Cielo, I left immediately. When I got to the club, I couldn't find you and it didn't occur to me until now that maybe the guys directed me to the wrong club. Although, maybe not. Anyways, so when I couldn't find you, I started drinking a lot. Too much. That's all I remember."

My eyebrows furrow. "You got blackout drunk too?"

He nods, his head tilted slightly. "Yes, apparently."

I nod. This new information is really eye opening. Maybe he didn't purposely cheat on me. He's in the same exact boat I am.

"Anyways, that's not the whole story and I think you're going to like this next part. So, I woke up in some dark room and I saw the top of a head and lump under the covers. I couldn't see her face and I made no effort to. I didn't want to be able to remember her face if I didn't even have a clue who she was in the first place. I remember that at that point I was still pretty drunk. I couldn't find my sweater, so I left without it." He stops abruptly and looks at me awaiting.

"Vena, I left without my sweater. Did the one you find happen to be a black crew neck sweater with little ridges on the top half of the arms?"

My eyes widen at his revelation. "I uh... Yes."