Forty Seven || No Control

Read author note to read the next chapter for free!

__________________________

To be quite honest, James's parents are some of the nicest people I have ever met, but as Orlando sits in his chair with a smug expression on his face, I know it's only a matter of time before he opens his mouth. I wish I knew why he had to act like this. If it was my father, then that is something I could understand. He's my dad, he's not supposed to like the boys I bring home. The thing is that he doesn't have a problem with James, in fact, I believe that he actually likes him. As for my mother? Well, I'm pretty sure that she would be more heartbroken if James and I broke up than I would be. It's the fact that it is just one of my brothers who seem to have this huge deal that I am dating James Henderson. I, for one, was surprised when he started all this because this was completely out of the ordinary for Orlando. When I was in high school, he was quite kind to Zeke during our relationship, but as soon as that ended, Orlando's look on me dating was horrific and I wasn't the only one who noticed.

As of this moment, I know James is nervous, not that he is normally nervous all the time, but right now he is showing every adjective for nervousness. As he sits there talking to my father, he's having a conversation, but he's not really there. It's obvious his mind is somewhere else. As soon as our food finally gets here, I suddenly feel James's hand land on my thigh. I look at him and he gives me a small forced smile.

I have absolutely no idea why we are doing this, why on earth are we even here? I mean, what do we really have to prove here? That James isn't hiding me away? I'm an adult now, I shouldn't have to keep my family up to date every minute. It's just not necessary.

As James slides his hand between my thighs, I immediately stop my thoughts about this whole evening. What on earth does he think he is doing?! We are literally surrounded by my family and more specifically my crazy possessive brother. I look at him with a expression that tells him to stop, but I know it didn't do anything to stop him because he only smirks at me. As I look around the table to see if anyone at all notices what James is up to, but they all seem pretty occupied with their food. I clear my throat and pick up my utensils, just trying to ignore James's actions, but I know that me ignoring him will only make him more persistent. As he begins to more his hands further, I shoot him a glare.

"Vena, is everything alright?" my mother asks me.

I look at her, straightening out my face to a smile. '"Yes," I reassure her.

She nods and smiles back, but I can tell that she doesn't believe me.

Believe me when I say this: my mom believes me to be the most innocent out of her children. But, that's not even close to being true. If anything, I would say that Graham is he most innocent. He certainly doesn't go out very much and when if he does, it's to go to someone's house to play video games.

I shake my head and continue eating my meal. As James refuses to move his hand off my thigh, I accept it. In the way of how he is, he's relentless. But, during dinner with my family? It's not exactly ideal. At home in his bed? That's something that I can certainly agree with. I know that he's just trying to get me riled up because apparently it's funny to watch or something. I'm not exactly sure because I don't exactly find it that funny.

What can I say? It's James. He's known for his absolute horniess.

My gaze shifts from the my plate of food to the other end of the table. Not to my surprise, Orlando and Charlie seem to be in a pretty heated conversation. From this side of the side, it feels like as if I'm on another country. I just wish I could hear what they were talking about. I mean both of their wives are clearly listening and chances are that it has nothing to do with them.