chapter 2

Amy and Mark arrived at the place. The building was right next to a school and it was a pretty big place. The door was a bright blue with yellow and red windows. There were little toys on the lawn in front.

Then Mark knocked on the door. a younger woman and an older one answered it.

"Why, hello there! Looking to adopt today?"

"Yes, we would like to look at some files of some children." Mark replied.

"Alright! Come on in!" The two women said in unison.

The couple was led into an office, they could hear the little footsteps all around the home, and it put a warm feeling in Amy's heart.

"Okay, what type of child were you looking for?" The old lady said.

Amy and Mark looked at each other.
"Toddler age."

"Ooh! I got the perfect files. Does the gender matter?" She asked.

"Not at all." Amy said.

The couple looked at the files, and one caught Amy's eye, a 3 year old girl named Aliyah Mae.

She read her backstory: mother died at birth and father abused her because he thought that she killed his wife. 2 older siblings took her to Foster home to be safe and later called police on dad.

It made Amy upset that the child had a rough beginning life. She showed Mark the file and he teared up. She was gorgeous. Caramel brown hair with chocolate brown eyes. It caught the couples eye.

"I see you're interested in Aliyah Mae? Such a sweet girl." The old woman replied. "Would you like to visit her?"

"Yes please." The couple said.

Later, Aliyah walked into the office, she was wearing a blue shirt with a white skirt, she was holding a little stuffed tiger.

"Hi." She quietly said.

"Hi Aliyah!" Mark said. "Nice to meet you." Amy smiled.

Then, Aliyah hugged both.
"Ms Summa, will they be takin me?" She ran to the old lady.

"They might, are you excited?"

"Yeahhhh!" She clapped her hands. "This is Tigey!" She held up the ragged tiger.

"She's so cute!" Amy cooed.

"Do I get a sissy when you become my mommy and daddy?" She jumped up and down.

Amy looked at Mark with a frown. "No sweetie, it's just you." Mark sighed.

"Awwwww boooooo." She lowered her head. "Ms Summa, can I go play with Maddie now?"

"Yes sweetie, go ahead." Mrs Summer said.
Then the older woman looked back at the couple.

"Aliyah always wanted a little sister, like a baby sister." The old woman looked at more files.

Amy had an idea, maybe they could adopt not one, but two kids! Aliyah and a little baby.

Amy nudged Mark and told him the idea.

"Um, Mrs Summer." Mark said to the woman.
"Yes sir?"
"We are looking to adopt Aliyah and quite possibly an infant girl as well."
"Really? That's wonderful! How old do you want the baby?"
"A newborn, if that's possible." Amy said.
"Well you're in luck, a younger woman is giving her baby girl to us once she's born, I think she's due in 3 days."
"Wonderful, can we pick up Aliyah in 3 days, we have to get ready for her."
"Yes! I will put her on the list for adoption, I just need to to sign both of these papers that confirm you're adopting Aliyah and the baby."
Mrs summer hands the papers to Amy and Mark and they sign them, after 10 minutes, the girls belong to the couple.

They walk out in harmony, they're ready for these girls, their little girls.