chapter 18

Marks POV:
While Amy and I were on our flight back to Cincinnati, I got a text from my mom, who was watching the girls while we were gone.

Good morning Mark. I got a phone call from the police station about 5 minutes ago. I told them that he isn't at the phone right now. They told me that they need to talk to you as soon as possible about a child that supposedly belongs to you.

What? What child? I never had sex with anyone else besides Amy? I definitely didn't cheat on her, that's for sure. I never had sex with my old girlfriend, Jess either. If we did, i would've put on a condom.

Ok. If they call back say that Mark is on his way home and he'll get to them as soon as possible, and are you sure you didn't lose one of our girls?

She replied in 20 seconds.

Positive. They've been on my watch all weekend.

I looked over at Amy, who was sleeping. I couldn't tell her this, they probably got the wrong guy.

2 hours later- same POV

"We're home!" Amy yelled throughout the house.

"Mommy!" Aliyah ran through the hallways and jumped into her arms. Behind her, emerged my mom who was carrying Emma.

"Hey guys, how was your trip?" My mom asked us.

"Amazing! The girl was so kind and sweet!" Amy replied.

I then look at my mom, she gave me the eyes. Amy doesn't know about it yet, I'll tell her once i come back from the station.

"Mark, can i talk to you real quick?" My mom asked.

"Sure." I follow her into the garage.

once we were in the garage, she grabbed onto my shoulders and started talking.

"You need to go talk to the officers, they say they looked through the boys files and said you're the father."

"Who's the mother?"

"Her first name is Jessica. But she recently passed away in a car accident."

"Jess? I had a child with Jess? W-we never had sex!" I become outraged. I broke up with her 3 years before i met Amy. This kid must be around 8 years old.

"Just go! Tell Amy later! She'll understand."

I open the garage and start the car and drive away. Is this happening right now? Do i actually have a son?

Arriving at the Station:

I walk inside and talk to the officer about who I am. She shows me into an office with a little boy sitting in one chair, and a lady in the other. A police officer is sitting at the desk. once i sit down, everyone looks at me with a blank stare. The boy turns around and is on a verge of tears.

"Are you Mark Edward Fischbach?"

"Yes sir." I nod and glance at the young boy. he looks just like me.

"Sir, are you aware you had a child with Jessica?"

"No, she didn't tell me she was pregnant. I didn't even know we had sex. We might've been drunk or something."

"Well, it appears on his birth certificate that Jessica is his mother who was 24 at the time. His father is Mark Fischbach who was also 24. And it says you guys never got married." The officer told me. Then he turned around and introduced me to the people in the chair. One was my kid, the other is Jess' mother.

"His name is Ben Fischbach. He was born in April of 2014. He is 7 and a half years old." The officer points to a young boy, with black/brown hair and dark brown eyes. He's skinny, and his hair is pretty short."

"Hi Ben." I wave at him with a slight smile on my face."

"Hi." He said very quietly.

Jess' mom gave me the death glare, like i dumped Jess knowing that she was pregnant.

"If i would've known that Jess was pregnant, i would've stayed with her. She never told me about anything, and didn't show any signs."

"Yeah, sure Mark. I know what you've done to my sweet girl." Jess' mother, Kate rolled her eyes.

"Unfortunately Mark, you have a decision to make? Are you willing to bring your son into your family? If not, Kate will sign the papers and she will become his legal guardian." The officer told me.
Amy doesn't know anything about this, will she be okay with everything? I'm sure the girls will love him.

"Excuse me sir, I will think about it. May i have a few days to talk about it with my wife and kids?" I ask in the most polite way possible, hoping she will understand.

"Oh, so you dumped Jess for some other girl? And you didn't leave her when she got pregnant? What the hell is wrong with you?" Kate raised her voice at me, scaring the other people in the room, including Ben.

"Listen, Kate. Jess and I no longer wanted to date. We broke up with each other and i asked her to stay in touch with me, she never did. I met my wife a few years ago and we got married and ADOPTED two girls. Maybe you should know the real story before you start shouting at me." I told her, putting her in place.

"Wait a minute," The officer started. "It's almost like Jess never wanted you to be a part of Ben's life."

"So yeah," Kate stood up from her chair again. "I will respect my daughters wishes and keep Ben away from him."

"no." Ben replied, in a quiet tone. "i want to live with my dad. i want siblings, grandma." Ben looked at Kate straight in the eye, then turned to me.
"will you let me live with you, dad?"

I knew from then on, i was faced with the most difficult decision of my life. What will Amy say?

A/N:

hello, i apologize for the long ass wait. i kinda forgot about wattpad for a while. heh. i also got busy with school, so i didn't have the motivation to write for a while. i was working on this chapter for about a month i think. anyway, see ya later guys. and thank you for sticking with me even though i was gone.

kateyplier