chapter 12

6 months later: marks POV

"Blow out the candles baby girl!" I put my shoulders on Aliyah. She's 4 years old today!

"Dadda, can I touch the light?" Her finger goes up toward the candle.

"No Aliyah!" Amy giggles while Emma is on her hip. Emma, as of right now, is 9 months old. She has learned to crawl and can walk with some help.

"Oh." Emma sighs and she takes her finger away from the flame. She then blows out the 4 candles on her chocolate cake.

The whole family cheers along with aunt Signe and uncle Jack with their 2 boys and their 3 month old daughter. She looks just like Signe!

Amy put Emma in her high chair and starts cutting pieces of the cake and hand them out to people.

"Can I have a biiiig one like this?" Sam holds out his hands about 4 inches apart and puts a big smile on his face.

"Maybe," i chuckle. "There are a bunch of people here and one cake.

"Pleasssse uncle Mark? I'm 6! I can eat all of it I promise." He begs.

"We'll see, Sam. And I bet you can." I hand a few more pieces of cake to my nephews and nieces and I give a tiny slice to Emma to slather all over her face, it's cute!

After eating cake, we opened presents and hopped into our pool. Aliyah was playing in the shallow end with her cousins along with Sam and Gabriel.
The adults were in the deep end, celebrating with a cold one. Except for me, I just sip out of Amy's drink at times. But that was the last of the fun. The second I heard a piercing scream from the shallow end I quickly swam over. By the time I got there, there was blood trickling into the pool and spreading out. The kids screamed and got out and Amy and I got Aliyah out.
Her face is covered in her blood, and there is a deep cut on the top of her forehead.

"DADDY!" She screamed and tears streamed down her face.

"It's okay baby girl! Mommy and I will take you to the doctor and they will make it all better!"

"I don't want to go to the doctor! I don't wanna!" She starts kicking at me as I hold her and she's making it harder for me not to drop her.

"Amy! Call the doctor and tell them that there's an emergency and we will be there in less than 10 minutes!" I shout at her. All of the family are in shock and no one moved. It was like they were frozen in time. Thanks guys for helping us....

"Signe! watch Emma for us?" I ask quickly.

"Will do!" She takes Emma from Amy's arms and cuddles her.

We move fast and I get a bandage from the cabinet and wrap it around Aliyah's head.

"Alright baby girl...." I try to calm her. "If you stop crying then it will feel better."

"IT HURTS DADDA IT HURTS!" She screams back. She tries to put her hand on her hand but I take it and put it down. Then Amy helps me put her in the car seat.

On the way there, the car was filled with Aliyah's screams and Amy tried her best to calm her down. It wasn't working, I didn't blame her.
"uhhh, Mark? She's losing quite a bit of blood..." I could see Amy start to shake when she tries to collect the excess blood with her hands.

"Amy I know but we are almost there."
I turn into the parking lot of the children's hospital and we both carry her out. Then we run in as fast as we could.

"SOMEBODY HELP! MY BABY IS LOSING BLOOD!!" I scream. Immediately, a nurse comes running in and takes us to the pit of the hospital.

"Ok, Dr. Wells will be with you shortly." The nurse walks away. We sigh and Aliyah has stopped crying. She seems, weak. She lost too much blood.

A doctor comes running in and checks her out quickly.

"She needs quite a bit of stitches. And a blood transfusion. Do you know what type of blood she has?"

"Type B I'm pretty sure. I saw it in her files."

"Thank you. Know I need to put in the stitches immediately." The doctor writes in his clipboard and walks away. Soon, he comes with a needle and some special type of string.

"Now sweet girl. Mama and daddy will hold your hands and you might feel a few pinches on your head. Okay?"

Aliyah nods and wipes away her tears.

••••

After 11 stitches and a blood transfusion. Aliyah is wheeled out on a wheelchair and is currently experiencing fatigue. She's woozy and is ready to fall asleep.

"You were so brave, baby girl. I'm sorry we had to go to the doctors on your birthday." I say to the tired girl.

"Yeah." She said in a tired voice.

"It's okay, you can go to sleep." And after 20 seconds, Aliyah peacefully fell asleep.