Chapter Two: A New Student?

Present Day, 1914
Dublith

Knock, Knock, Knock

I heard someone knock on the door. Izumi went to answer, followed by Sig. I heard her give whoever knocked a lecture, as only she would do. It made me smile. I walked over to my bed and continued to unpack.

I could hear Izumi come back in, followed by others. Friends of hers? It wasn't impossible. The footsteps stopped momentarily, then continues getting louder. I heard clanking too, like metal. They can't be coming in here.....

The door swung open, there stood a small, blonde boy with his hair in a braid, wearing a red coat. Behind him was someone in a suit of armour. I can't say more than that, I couldn't see his face. The blonde kid looked shocked to see me, but I suppose with my quiver of arrows over my shoulder, anyone would be surprised.

"Who are you?" he asked bluntly.

"Excuse me?" I replied.

"Easy everyone." Izumi said "This is Leah. She's a new student of mine."

"Student?" said Armour.

"Yes. Leah this is Ed and Al, disappointing students of mine." Izumi said with a glare. "Get used to each other, as long as your here you'll be rooming together."

"What!?" we all said at the same time.

Ed, at least I think it's Ed, says

"Teacher, we can't not with her give us another room, we'll only be here a little while....and if she finds out about Al...."

"I have no other room, and if your only staying a little while, you don't need to worry." she explained

"But Teacher-" starts Al

"No buts! Get used to it."

"I guess she hasn't changed a bit." Al says.

I sit down on my bed and cross my arms definantly. Ed just looks at me for a while until he pionts at me and says,

"What are the arrows for?"

"Archery." I say. As if he didn't know.

"Is that what your studying with Teacher?" asks Al.

"You mean Izumi? No, I'm studying Alchemy."

"Really?" says Al "We're alchemists, too."

I smile and nod my head.

"Can you show us anything?" askes Ed.

"Sorry n-no. Izumi won't let me, not in the house." I stutter.

"Al, can I talk to you for a second," says Ed. Al nods and they both walk out of the room.

***

"Al, there's no way she's a student of Teacher's"

"What do you mean?" Al asks.

"She calls Teacher 'Izumi', as if they were equals. What would happen if we tried that? Teacher would pound us into next week."

"You're right. And the way she refused to show us her Alchemy in front of us."

"Either way, Something's not right." I say

We both walk back into the room.

***