Chapter Seventeen: Parting Ways

*Author's note*
So first up, I'd like to take a second of your reading time to thank my wonderful, supportive fans (y'all know who you are 😄). I know what you're thinking....

Readers: OMG ImmaOtaku_17!? Really? Now?

Me: I know! But anyone who reads my stories, supports my writing, takes the time to vote/comment, puts up with me, my late updates, and....all this, deserves a genuine, truly grateful 'Thank You'!

If you like this story, feel free to comment, vote or/and follow, it's much appreciated. But with that shameless self promotion aside, let's cut to the chase.

I have been pretty true to the storyline so far, but now I may have to twist/change the order of the events that happen. Nothing major but still, please...don't be mad at me...

I'm eager to hear what you have to say (whether it's good or bad), what you predict is coming next, and generally what you think about my writing.

Sorry for annoying you slightly (or more than slightly) with my babbling. So with no further adieu, back to the story!

* * *

I woke up the next morning in the same bed with Ed shaking my shoulder. Which sucks for me, because it's confirmation that I hadn't dreamt everything up.

"Leah, wake up!" He says.

"What is it, Ed?!" I yell back.

"Just checking if you're still alive. You've been out for a while."

"What time is it?"

"Around mid afternoon." He says.

I must have really been exhausted. It's funny how anxiety does that to you. Tires your body out while controlling your mind. My headache has downgraded itself to a dull throb. But it's enough to annoy me.

When Ed leads me out of the room, I'm almost scared of seeing Ling...or Greed...or whoever. At the same time, I want to see him, for the sake of punching him in the face. The memory of last night still lingers, and with it, reminds me of my wrist. It must have been the Ultimate Shield. Ed stops me.

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I lie while putting on the best fake smile I could manage.

Ed nods and continues. I know he doesn't believe me. He can see right through me. He's always been able to do that. That being said, he doesn't say or do anything, because he knows there isn't anything he can do, unless he can undo all of this.

We step outside and find the two men who delivered the message standing beside him. Just looking at him makes my blood boil. It's Ling's body, but I know differently. It's a monster.

"Rise and shine." He smirks at me.

"Shut the hell up, you prick." I spit.

"Ouch. Didn't sleep well, then?"

"I said shut up!"

"Oh come on. It's a cute act, but you don't need to be so bitter, princess."

I lunge at his throat, and push him up against the outside of the house. My arm on his chest, pinning him to the wall.

"Don't call me that. And don't talk to me." I say with an edge.

"Ok." He licks his lips and leers at me.

Disgusted, I pull away, and start down towards Ed and the others.

"Maybe I should call you 'warrior princess' instead?" I hear him say.