Chapter Five: A Friendly Sparing Match

Leah had already been gone for a while when Edward and Alphonse woke up.

"Morning boys." I said.

"Good morning, Teacher." they both replied.

Ed sat down at the table and looked around, confused.

"Where's Leah?"

"Training." I told them.

"Training for Alchemy?" Al asks.

"No, she went running."

As I guessed, they were immediately suspicious. I know they won't be fooled much longer. How long will Leah be able to keep this up? I can only hope the boys don't meddle too much. It seems that every person here has a secret to hide, including myself.

"When will she be back? We have to ask her something."

"Don't try anything! She's in a lot of pain right now, so-"

"We know, we don't want to hurt her. We just need to ask her something. Teacher, do you know when she'll be back?"

I sighed. Both Leah and Ed are the same. Stubborn and hard headed, but ambitious.

"She left an hour ago. She'll be back any minute now..."

Just then the door opened. That was well timed.

"Hey, Leah, welcome back." Says Al

* *

"Thanks and good morning, Al" I say.

Ed is looking at me. He gets straight to the point.

"How was your run?"

Does he know? Izumi wouldn't of sold me out!

"Good, thanks."

"And there's something else, I want to know."

Oh no! He's suspicious and smart, which is bad for me!

"W-what is it?"

"Why were you running?"

"To train. I want to get faster."

"But that's not it, is it?" He says.

"What are you saying, Ed?"

"You've been walking with a limp, are you sure you're ok?"

Damn! He has noticed. I can't let him know.

"Oh, I broke it recently, so I'm getting back my strength. But thank you for caring."

"I see." says Ed.

Quickly, I change the subject.

"Izumi, if you're feeling alright, can we spar?"

"Yes. Meet me out back."

I nod and go to the bedroom. I grab my sword that's under my bed. It's a good weapon, light and swift, but powerful. When I come out holding it, the boys like surprised and scared.

"What? Don't think a girl can fight?" I say teasingly.

I meet Izumi outside, where she has already made a spear from alchemy. I draw my sword, and our fight begins.

* * *

Brother and I went outside to watch the sparing match, but what we saw terrified us. Leah was battling Teacher, coming closer than we have to beating her, she was down right scary. She would move so fast you could only see a flash of light. Leah was fast too, she could dodge attacks by ducking, jumping or running. I'm glad I'm not fighting her. Of course, Teacher was as tough as ever. They were a good match for each other.

"Lehgh!"

Teacher had spit up blood again.

"Izumi! I'm sorry, I went too far!"

"No Leah, it's alright. I just need rest."

"I understand...I'll save this for another time."

We helped Leah carry Teacher back into her house. Leah started to put her weapon back, until...

"I'll spar with you." Brother said.

"Really?" Leah answers.

"Are you sure Brother? She almost beat Teacher! We've never done that."

Ed looked embarrassed.

"Don't remind me..." He said. Leah just laughed.

"Alright. Lets go!" Leah replies "I just hope you know what your doing"

* * *

Ed and I took positions on opposites sides of the yard. I drew my sword and pointed it at Ed.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready." he replied.

I charged at him, swinging left and right. He barely dodged my attacks, and looked a bit frightened. As I brought my sword down, he jumped around me, clapping his palms together, touch the side of the house and making a spear. What!? No transmutation circle? Exactly like Izumi. Like student like pupil, I suppose, but still, how is that even possible?

With his spear he struck down on my right leg, cutting the fabric if my pants.

Oh crap! I can't let him notice. I turned around and cut the top of his spear off, then swiped left and right. That wasn't working, he was dodging all my attacks, so I quickly changed to an upper cut. What! He used his arm to block.

Oh my God, no! I hurt him, really badly too!

Wait....no, there's no blood, not that I can see. And my sword clanged against his arm when I hit it. No......it can't be.....

"You have automail!" We both said at the same time.