Chapter Thirty: Stay Here

"Why, that is annoying." Father says. "It's a good thing we've had a backup plan." He turns to Bradley, "Wrath, would you kindly execute the plan?"

"Yes." Bradley picks up his sword and leaves.

Who are they going after? Who else preformed the ultimate taboo, besides Hohenheim, and will be sacrificed?

"As for you," Father lifts me upside down my automail leg with his shadow "I'll be generous and let you live to see my glorious ambitions take action."

He flings me down to the ground, and when my breath gets knocked out of me yet again, I feel like I've just been shot. I just sort of lay there, feeling hopeless. Betrayed. Confused. Heartbroken. Useless. Angry. These are the words that bounce around my heads like springs.

I can't tell how much time has passed. A while I suppose. Now I wait for this country to be destroyed because of me. Because I was foolish enough to think I could help. If Ed can't, if Al can't, if Hohenheim can't, why did I think I could?

It's only when someone else arrives do I snap out of it. I sit up, straining every part of me, and see a man dressed in a long black coat in military uniform, followed by Pride. His white-gloved hands are clutching his head around his eyes. Colonel Mustang.

Izumi tried to comfort him, and Ed tried to examine his toll for opening the portal. All his limbs were there, so did he lose his ability to use Alchemy like me? Or his innards like Izumi?

"The lights..." He muttered "Why is it so dark in here? Turn on the lights!"
He says with his eyes open.

He has his eyes wide open, yet couldn't see? Did the Truth.....take his eyesight?
Suddenly, out of the blue, a little girl (who I didn't even know was there), dressed in pink robes and a blue sash, possibly Xingese, throws a Kunai at Father, and he absorbs it. She looks proud of herself, until Hohenheim yells.

"No Miss! He doesn't have to move to circulate his energy!"

The warning comes too late. He sends the Kunai back at her, only fifty times its size. She screams as it hits her shoulder, and sends her flying back.

"May!" Alphonse screams, apparently awake from his 'comatose'.

"It's ironic, isn't it?" Fathers voice rings, uncaring that he's seriously injured a little girl, "The boy who wanted to feel his mother's warmth now is a hollow shell, unable to feel anything. The boy so arrogant to break the rules and bring back the dead, lost the leg on which he stood. The woman who desperately wanted a child, lost her insides as to never have one. The man who wanted to lead, and see his country change, has been striped of his eyesight. And the girl who flung to Alchemy so she could run into her brother's arms once more, lost her ability to do so, and the leg she ran on. Humans must pay a steep price for their arrogance."

Through every word Pride nods and looks at each one of us. It only adds to our guilt.

Father's face looses its scary edge, then becomes curious "Have you ever thought if this planet as a life form? It possesses an incredible amount of knowledge, more so than any human. What if one was to open a gate to that system, and gain all its power and knowledge? So now then, I'd like to finish what I started."

He pushes his hand back down on the mock transmutation circle, and the whole thing starts again. A pile of black film fills the room, nearly drowning me. I call out for Ed, for anyone, but he doesn't answer back, already being pulled under.

***

I don't remember the rest. I might have hit my head on something when I almost drowned, or my memory may have been wiped. It seemed the the entire world glowed with red. And the only sounds were screams of the Amestrian people. By the time it was over, we had no idea what happened.