Chapter Twelve: Saved By The Housewife

Greed began to heal. I had just enough time to run and grab Ed, dragging him out of the way. He wasn't doing well, the blood loss and bring thrown into concrete was taking its toll, not to mention his automail was really beaten up. He was conscious but only just. Greed finally got up, putting his shield down.

I still had the gun in my hand, and I was the only thing standing between Ed and Greed.

"So, you did pull up the guts to shoot your own brother. Are you even human?"

"Shut the hell up." I snap, "You're not my brother. Quit playing that game, because I'm done. Matthew Sparks is dead, that's a fact. And you dare try to use his name to intimidate me?! I am a just human, but I don't feel guilt about hurting someone using my brother's name against me. I'm a weak human, that's all I need to be to kill you."

"You know, you're a lot more fun when you can fight instead of tremble in fear. Clearly you are a weak human, but you're so unpredictable. It's a bit annoying actually."

I raise the gun.

"Ready to go again?"

"I don't fight women."

"I'm not giving you a choice, asshole."

Greed sighs. "Fine, just don't hold back." He says.

That's all I have. Just a gun with I don't know how many bullets left. I don't know where my sword and kunai are, and it could take hours to find them in this mess. If I don't use my ammo wisely, I will die very quickly. But even if I do, there's no guarantee help will come.

Again the door kicks open. Who is it? The military? No. The toughest person on the face of this Earth. Izumi Curtis.

"Sorry to barge in like this." She looks at me and Ed.

"Teacher?!" Ed asks.

"You idiot! You can't even do a simple chore for me! You're lucky I expelled you or I'd murder you!"

"I-I'm sorry!"

"Oh great. Sorry lady, but don't try to pick a fight. It's no fun fighting women."

That was it. All Greed had to say. His sexist ass was going to be whopped. Izumi clapped and pressed her hand on Greed's face again. One roundhouse kick was all it took to send Greed flying into a wall, gasping for breath. He started laughing. One half of his face was shielded, the other was not. It was a little disturbing.

"Well now, just what the hell are you?" He asks.

"You asked me what I am? I'm a HOUSEWIFE!!!!!"

Yup. That's my teacher, as per usual.

Greed pulls down his shield. Ed has gotten up again, slightly recovered, ready to fight. Greed stares us down, monitoring our every feature.

"So a housewife and two bratty kids. Not the team I'd want to fight. Later." He sprints down the hallway, the same one Roa took Al down earlier.

"Hey!" I scream, "You coward!"

I start running, until I hear a sound like vomit being spilled on the floor. It was Izumi, she had spit up blood again.

"Teacher!" Ed cries. I give up on running after Greed and stay behind to help. The military should be getting here soon. The noise must have triggered some alarm.

* *

"These yours?" An officer asks me. He holds my kunai and sword, found among the ruble.

"Yes, thank you." I say, taking them from him.