Chapter 10

KARMA'S POV

I was sitting on the chair in the waiting area near the Emergency Room. My hand on my head, tapping my foot on the ground, grumbling in annoyance, impatience, and worry. It's been an hour or so since the nurses brought Nagisa to the ER.

When are those damn doctors coming out?! How is Nagisa?!!

And finally, after what it felt like an eternity the doctor who operated Nagisa came out.

"Nagisa Shiota?" I quickly stood up and ran to where the doctor stood.

"How is he?"

"Are you here for Nagisa Shiota?" I nodded, giving the doctor an impatient and irritated 'just tell me how is he' stare. The doctor seemed to notice it and he sweatdropeed, clearing his throat, "Well, Mr. Shiota just got stabbed on his right abdomen, luckily it didn't damaged any vital organs but it was pretty deep. We already stitched his wound right up. He's now safe." (A/n: Sorry, not good with that medical stuff or whatever they call it. I have zero knowledge about these.)

I sighed in relief knowing that Nagisa is safe from any harm. "So, what room is he in?" I asked.

"He's in room 143. He's still inconscious."

I quickly dashed to look for Nagisa's room number, not even bothering to say thank you or excuse me to the doctor -it was rude I know but I couldn't care about it now- all I have in mind is only...

Nagisa...

I finally found Nagisa's room, I immidietly opened the door and my eyes just widened in the sight infront of me. Nagisa was lying on the obviously uncomfortable white hospital bed, he was ghostly pale and there were IV tubes connected to him. Black bags were under his eyes and there are purpish bruises in some part of his face.

How did this happen to him? Who was that woman who attacked him?

I walked towards the bed, pulling a chair and sitting on the right side of the bed. I unconsciously held Nagisa's hand then I saw a lot cuts around his wrists. There were a lot of old ones and also new ones. Is this what he was hiding under those white bandages?

Wait... Don't tell me-- No way. Even someone like him does it?

So, even you Nagisa do something like this too, huh?

I gently held his hand, while the other hand went to his head, brushing his blue bangs off his eyes. Smiling sadly.

Whatever the reason why you do this... You should stop doing this too, Nagisa...

~

It was already 8 in the morning, and I haven't slept a wink, I was way too worried to sleep. I want Nagisa to see me awake when he wakes up. And I even forgot about school. Then I saw Nagisa's eyes slowly opening. His eyes fluttered as he looked around and sighed. I quickly shifted on my seat,

"Nagisa-kun." I smiled in relief.

NAGISA'S POV

I slowly pried my eyes open slowly and my head just suddenly pounded like crazy. I fluttered my eyes to get rid of my blurry vision, when it became clear, all I can see is white.

Am I dead? Am I in heaven? Wait no...

I looked around and I saw white sheets, and I looked at my left side and there's an IV hooked on me. The walls were white. Everything are white.

I'm guessing I'm in a hospital then. I supposed I'm NOT dead. Well, that was disappointing...

I sighed, when will the day come that I just won't wake up from deep slumber forever?

"Nagisa-kun." I heard a voice at my right side. I instantly turned my head to that direction and my eyes widened.

"Karma-kun?!" I quickly sat up then I suddenly felt a really sharp and unbearable pain in my right stomach that made me groan in agony.

"Hey, just lie down. Don't push yourself too much. You were just stitched, you know." Karma said, helping me lie down.

"What happened to me, Karma-kun?" I asked monotonously.

Karma sat back down on the chair he was sitting on earlier, "Well, you called me last night and asked for help. And when I rushed to your house, I saw you already bleeding."

Oh yeah, I did. When I called him, she... Stabbed me...

"And, Nagisa, tell me, who was that woman?"

I suddenly froze when he asked that question. I began arguing with myself if I should tell him or not. But if I ever tell him, he's probably going to hate me. And if he ever find out that I do those stuff, he'll hate me even more. And I honestly don't know what I'll ever do if Karma will hate me.

I know we just met not so long ago but... I feel like he's already someone so special to me.

I mean he already saw her in that hysterical and insane state, there's no way to escape it.

"That was... My mum..." I mumbled almost almost inaudible, but I think Karma heard it cause I saw his eyes widened in surprise.

"That was your mother? That was you're own freaking mother?!" He asked loudly, I just nodded stiffly, not able too look at his face, "Why would she do that to you?" He asked, his voice now softened.

"I guess I ticked her off to the max when I told her that I'm not a girl but a boy when she lost her mind and forced me to wear a girl's panty. Her abuse never really involved knives and weapons and stuff only physical abuse but I don't know why it did. Maybe she just completely lost her sanity that her so-called daughter that she always thought she had was actually a boy..." I mumbled monotonously.

"Is this why you're doing these Nagisa?" Karma held my hand gently and showed my long deep cuts around my wrist.

I quickly pulled my hand away, "T-this is... Uh... This..." I stammered.

"Why? You should stop it Nagisa..." Karma said, voice full of concern. "You're hurting yourself."

Tears began rolling down my cheeks as I looked at Karma, "I can't. Because I deserve this. I'm worthless. Nobody wants me. I'm a disappointment. You just don't understand it cause you're perfect. My father left me with my abusive and crazy mother who always thinks I'm a girl. She forced me to do everything she had planned for me and if I ever defy her, she hurts me. Nobody loves me. You don't understand what it feels like to be devastated and depressed.

You don't understand it. Wondering and asking myself; 'when will I ever find happiness?' 'when would anyone start caring?' 'Was I not good enough?' 'What did I do to deseve this?' 'Was being me a sin?' 'Why am I still alive when I'm worthless and no one even ever cares about me?' 'I'd be better of dead, right? No one loves me after all.' You don't understand any of it--"

"Stop it, Nagisa." Karma cut off my constant babbling, "What are you talking about? You're not worthless. Its not true that no one cares about you. There is someone who loves you. And Yes. I understand what you're feeling and going through. I understand each and everything that you feel..." Karma said, then I watched him roll up his sleeves. My eyes widened when I saw old faint scars of cuts around his wrists.

"'Cause I used to do that before too."

-----

This suck! Ugh. I know. I just got this slight problem with writer's block guys, sorry.

Anyways, vote and comment if you like this chapter guys..