Chapter 16

NAGISA'S POV

The next day. All I thought was those mob of fans who almost caught us was no big deal. But I guess I was wrong. Absolutely, completely wrong.

Nakamura was already spreading it in the entire classroom that she saw the news about us being chased and almost caught. And that it has been the hot issue right now. My heart was already pounding so fast, they don't even seem to get tired of talking about it. Not to mention, Koro-sensei seemed to be so intrigued about it too. They kept on interrogating Karma and I was glad Karma kept denying it.

"How are you so certain that I was even out yesterday?" Karma asked, his arms crossed. I was standing right behind him the whole time.

Then Yada pulled out a magazine from her bag and showed it to Karma.

I looked over Karma's shoulder to see the magazine and my eyes widened at what was written.

"NEWS FLASH: KARMA AKABANE WAS SPOTTED IN A MOVIE THEATER WITH A MYSTERIOUS GIRL. COULD SHE BE HIS NONSHOWBIZ GIRLFRIEND?"

And underneath it was a picture of me and Karma who was just exiting the theater, hand in hand. And also the picture of me and him running away from the mobbing fans. I was wearing a hoodie so my face wasn't seen but unfortunately, Karma's face was exposed in these pics.

Oh, damn. Who took these pics?! And, why did they call me a girl?! This is getting annoying!

"What are you going to say for yourself, Akabane? It's already all over the news and the internet." Fuwa said.

Wait. All over the internet?! That's so fast!! Karma just deny it!

"All over the internet already, huh? Paparazzi sure are fast when it comes to rumors." Karma smirked.

"Wait, the girls' seem somewhat small in this pic, isn't she?" Sugino asked as he examined the magazine further which made me internally gulp.

Then Koro-sensei took the magazine from his hands as he looked at it, "If you take a close look at it. The girl seemed to have the same body and height as Nagisa-kun's."

"K-koro-sensei..." I mumbled as their heads then turned towards me.

"Yeah. Maybe this is Nagisa!" Maehara said.

"Wait, wait. I'm a boy, guys!"

"Well, Nagisa looks a lot like a girl. From his looks to his body stature. And he IS living with Karma, right?" Fuwa then looked at me intently.

"Why is this such a very big deal?" Karma then spoke in irritation, "God, you're nothing compared to those stupid paps. This is my life, dammit! And Nagisa has nothing to do with this."

"Aww, c'mon. You're no fun, Karma. You're a celeb after all. It's natural that people will pry in your own personal life." Maehara said.

"B-but, Karma's right. It's his private life." I said.

"Alright everyone. Why don't we just begin class?" Koro-sensei said.

"Yes!" I nodded and went back to my desk. Everyone else who were so eager in finding out the truth all groaned and went back to their own seats. Still mumbling things like, 'I'm still not convinced' or whatsoever.

That was so close. I don't want everyone to find out that Karma's dating me. Just like I mentioned before. I don't want Karma's image and career to be ruined because the whole world will find out that Karma's dating a boy. I mean, I don't even want to know what his fans will think. They adore him so much and they'll surely get really disappointed. He had always worked hard to reach this far in showbusiness, and I just don't want it all to go down the drain because of me.