Chapter 14: That's Gonna Leave A Mark

I walked into the apartment and the smell of waffles filled the space around me. Hunter was in the kitchen standing by our new waffle maker which his mother had bought for him. The smell was intoxicating. I leaned on the doorframe and closed my eyes, taking in the sweet smells.

"You're not getting any of this." Hunter snarled.

My eyes snapped open, instead of arguing, I turned around to go and take a shower. Within moments large arms were wrapped around my bare stomach and a chin rested on my shoulder.

"Hunter, I've just run."

"So?" His grip tightened.

"I'm all gross and sweaty. "

"So?"

I groaned, "Don't do that thing with me."

Hunter acted all innocent, "Do what, sweetheart?"

I turned my head slightly to look at him, suddenly aware of how close his lips were to mine. The heat radiating off his body onto my already hot skin was making me mad and I had the urge to kiss him. I was shocked by the thought, but then Hunter started coughing and we both turned to see the kitchen fill with smoke.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Hunter mumbled.

"One more 'shit' for good luck?" I smiled but Hunter wasn't amused.

He opened the machine and another puff of smoke erupted from it, which caused a fit of coughs from both Hunter and I. And then the smoke alarm went off.

"Ugh, make it stop." I whined.

"Not now, sweetheart." Hunter said through his teeth.

"It's not stopping." I stated after most of the smoke had cleared.

"No shit Sherlock." Hunter seemed annoyed.

"And there's that 'shit'." I smiled and Hunter smiled too, the crease in his brow starting to disappear.

"You know we could just go out for breakfast."

"The alarm, sweetheart?"

"Right... So how does it turn off?"

"If I'd known, it would be off right now."

"Don't be a di -" I started but stopped when the ringing did too.

"Someone doesn't like dicks." Hunter laughed, pointing up to the alarm.

I laughed with him and turned around towards the bathroom.

"You wanna save water?" Hunter asked from behind me.

I groaned and turned around, "Oldest line. Ever."

"Still works, doesn't it?" He said following me into the bathroom.

"Not on me Hunt." I slammed the door and locked it.

"Someone doesn't care for the environment." He said through the door.

-

I'd forgotten to take clothes with me to the bathroom so I wrapped my towel tightly around me and slowly opened the bathroom door, looking into the lounge to see if Hunter was there. He wasn't so I assumed he was either in his room or the kitchen.

I assumed wrong.

When I entered my bedroom, Hunter was there, going through the images on my laptop. The hand holding my towel slipped when I saw the picture of Jake and I on the screen, but I grabbed the edge back and held it tightly in my hand. I needed to delete some pictures.

I came right up to Hunter. Waiting patiently behind him. Then I bent down and slowly nibbled on his ear. He was even more startled than I was but a low moan escaped his lips before he could react properly.

"Sweetheart?" He asked softly.

"Yes?" I whispered gently in his ear, creating small goosebumps on his skin.

"Would you mind if we left after I showered?"

"But you showered when I went for a run." I laughed onto his neck and he stiffened slightly. I knew what he meant, I just enjoyed torturing him.

"I know, sweetheart. It's just..." He turned his neck back to look at me, "you still need to change so it's no problem if I just showered quickly."

"Okay." I pulled away from the chair to find clothes. The next thing I knew Hunter was kissing my neck. I bit my lips, preventing the moan that threatened to escape my lips. And then his pressure was harder and his tongue trailing circles.

"That's gonna leave a mark." His laugh followed him out the door.

-

"Hunter!" I screamed when I looked in the mirror.

He popped his head into my bedroom, acting innocent again, "Yes sweetheart?"

"I'm going home tomorrow. And I have this on my neck." I said pointing to the small bruise that had formed. I knew it was only going to get bigger and darker.

Hunter held up his hands defensively, "Not my fault sweetheart."

"Well I didn't give myself a hickie, now did I?" Sarcasm clung onto my every word.

"You started it."

"Seriously Hunter, are we four year olds?" I said crossing my arms, Hunter followed the movement and stared for longer than he should have. I cleared my throat, "And you were going through my computer, so technically, you started it."

"Mhm, about that. I saw a couple of pictures of a guy..." He trailed off. "Who is he?" I had just finished applying concealer to the bruise when he asked the question.

"Jealous, sweetheart?" I mocked him.

"Absolutely." I blushed at the word.

"Where were you last night, Hunt?" I asked, remembering the quiet apartment.

"What? You missed me?" Hunter asked pulling me towards him.

I pushed back on his chest, "No."

"Pity... So you gonna tell me me who that guy is?"

"You gonna tell me where you were last night?" Hunter wrapped his arm around my waist leading me to the door.

"Well then we both have our secrets, don't we sweetheart?"

Please comment and vote xx
@Dusty1213 this one is for you! Appreciate you and all your comments xxx