Chapter 47: This Can't Be Good

After Hunter had held me for so long and my tears had dried, he decided to go for a quick shower. And I was left alone with my thoughts. I couldn't turn on the TV because you never know what channel you might accidentally put on. So instead, I decided to look around the motel room.

Sure, the booze cabinet wasn't probably the best place to look but I need something to numb the pain and surely so many people couldn't be wrong? I looked for something that looked strong, but since they all did, I chose three random ones, sniffed them and chose the one which smelt the strongest.  I don't know what it was called and I just hoped it would do the trick; so I sat down on the floor in front of the cabinet and drank from the bottle. I did it now while Hunter was busy so he couldn't stop me.

I was thinking irrationally and I was being stupid but I just needed to forget. Hell I'd even drink enough just to pretend my sister was still alive. And that's what I tried to do. The alcohol burned my throats and I could no longer tell if I was in pain because what I was drinking was too strong or because of crying over my sister.

I checked my phone and found a whole bunch of missed calls and messages from my dad, Skylar, Ivy, Paul and Theo. I think there was even a message from Jake. My mom still hadn't spoken to me since.
_________________________

Dad

Call me when you get there. I love you, Em.
Received 5:57 pm
_________________________

Ivy 🍃❤️

Heard what happened. I'm here for you. Call me if you need ANYTHING.
Received 6:33 pm
_________________________

Idiot Jake

Heard the news about ur sis. Call me if u need me even though I've been an ass recently
Received 6:24 pm
_________________________

Theo

Gotten an extension for play. Don't stress about anything. Just be with your family. Love you (in a brotherly sister way in case Hunter ever sees this)
Received 10:17 pm
_________________________

Paul

Please tell me they found that bastard that did this to her
Received 5:47 pm

I'll be there over the weekend
Received 7:41 pm

Call me if you find out anything please
Received 8:47 pm

How are you?
Received 10:50 pm
_________________________

Sky 🦄❤️

Message me when you get there.
Received 6:45pm

How r u?
Received 11:27 pm

Please answer me, you're making me stress.
Received 12:58pm

motel. M fan-fuking-tastix
Read 1:02 am

Em?
Received 1:03 am

Please don't do anything stupid, Em.
Received 1:04 am