Chapter 37: My Dress Is On The Floor

Hunter carries me to our apartment and knocks my head on the door frame on the way in.

"Hunter." I groan trying to keep my one arm around Hunter's neck and try use the other to protect my head.

"It's either your head or your already injured ankle." He looks down at me.

He's carrying my with his one arm supporting my back and the other underneath my knees.

"My head's gonna hurt even more in the morning."

"Right... Forgot about that. Sorry?" He offers resting me on the couch and then he goes to the kitchen.

When he comes back he sits on the opposite side of the couch and rests my ankle on his lap where he puts an ice pack over it. My foot flinches at the cold and Hunter rubs my leg to try soothe me. We sit in silence for a while before I decide to speak up.

"This is the reason I do not go out that often. You see, books cannot make you twist your ankle or force you into getting a tattoo."

Hunter chuckles, "You love it."

"I do." I say sitting up. I move my dress up and lift the plaster slightly to see the little black camera.

Hunter's breath hitches and I watch him. He's stiff in place and is staring at my hands at my hips.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "What's wrong, Hunt?"

He doesn't say anything just slowly moves his gaze to my face.

"Too much skin?" I ask teasing him again. I get up and move close to Hunter so that I'm sitting on his lap.

"I think you could show more." He's trying to remain calm but I can hear the shake in his voice.

"You do?" I don't know why I do what I do next. I swear I would never do this if I was sober. It seems like a good idea and Hunter's always teasing me so I need to make him feel the same way he makes me feel.

That's why my dress is on the floor. Hey, at least I decided to wear matching underwear.

"I like Drunk Emilia." He bites his lower lip before wrapping a hand around my neck and pulling me closer to him. "A lot." He breathes before he kisses me.

He relaxes into the embrace but I can still feel his muscles are tight. I ran my hands up and down his back but this just makes them stiffen more. I bring my hands to his chest and run them down his defined abs through his shirt. I smile against his lips before slowly pulling away and getting up.

I saunter away to the bathroom in barely any clothes and I decide to tease Hunter a little more.

"I'm going to go shower... Alone." I unclasp my bra before dropping it, slightly seductively might I add, and don't turn around to see Hunter's reaction.

-

Hunter stares at me when I walk into the kitchen actually wearing clothes. But, I also decided to wear one of Hunter's shirts. It's big enough to cover half of my legs and it's Hunter's whisper that he thinks I wouldn't hear that makes my heart jump.

"Fuck me." His hands are covering his entire face so the whisper is muffled.

"What was that?" I ask as I pour myself a glass of water in an attempt to make sure my head doesn't split in half tomorrow.