Chapter 16 - "I missed my little nerd"

"Oh my god," one of the girls in front of me gasps as she looks at something behind me. She nudges her friend, "Look."

Being my curious self, I turn around to see what the drama is. And when I do, I almost gasp myself.

It's Zeke making out with a brunette.

His type has always been blondes. He says they have nicer legs. But here he is, with a brunette.

Part of me is annoyed by it. He can stick his tongue in this girls mouth who he probably doesn't even like, but he can't even answer my calls, someone who is his close friend.

"Zeke Blakely," our english teacher snaps.

He pulls away from the girl, "What? It wasn't just me. Barbara was involved too," he points to the girl he was just kissing.

"My names Brittany," she scowls.

"Both of you get on with your work!" Mrs. Taylor yells.

Everyone turns back to the front and starts working again. Zeke's eyes meet mine for a moment, but I quickly turn around.

+++

"Marnie?" Zoey snaps me back to reality.

"Yeah?" I say without looking at her.

"Why are you staring at the door?"

I'm waiting for Zeke to walk in. Lunch started half an hour ago, and there was no sign of him.

"Uh," I turn around to look at my friends, who are all watching me, "I was just daydreaming."

"About a certain Zeke Blakely?" Zoey smirks.

"No."

"Ah fuck," Isaac mumbles as he stares at the doors.

I follow his gaze and see Zeke walking in.

With Aubrey.

They split up when she goes to her usual table and he comes over to us and sits down.

"Hello," he smiles.

Something's not right.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Isaac asks.

"Just around."

"That's descriptive," Zoey comments.

"You were with Aubrey," Isaac says, more like he was telling him than asking him.

"I was," Zeke nods.

"Why?" Zoey questions.

"That's only for me to know."

"Were you fucking her or something?"

He starts laughing, "No."

Cole slowly looks up from his food. All this time he had his head down concentrating on what he was eating.

Isaac sighs loudly, "You're an idiot."

Zeke takes one of Cole's fries and shoves it in his mouth, then closes his eyes and moans while he eats, "Fuck, that's good."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He's acting strange.

He opens his eyes, "Oh hey, Marnie. Didn't see you there. Just kidding," he laughs.

Marnie.

Marnie.

He's high.

"What did you do?" I say angrily.