Chapter 25 - Claw Marks

If it weren't for the fact she was using me to make Mason jealous, I would probably be the happiest person alive right now.

I think I still am.

The kiss is nothing like Hollie's. I feel something. I feel everything. Her lips are soft against mine, just how I imagined they'd be. My tongue is entwined in hers and I forget completely about the alcohol taste and focus on her. On the intense feeling she's giving me. I've never felt this way while kissing. Ever.

When we pull apart, I'm left feeling cold; the fire she lit inside of me gone. All we do is look into each other's eyes for a moment. I wonder if she felt anything even close to what I felt.

"He's gone," she says, breaking my gaze.

"You used me," I say in the most pathetic voice I've ever used.

Her eyes meet mine again and she her hand on my lower arm. "I'm sorry." I should walk away and tell her to fuck off. I've let people use me before to piss off their ex's, and I let them because I got sex out of it. But Marnie doing it... it doesn't make me feel fucking happy.

"I should take you home." I make sure she can't see in my eyes how much she hurt me.

"Nooo," she whines. "My mom will be mad." She leans against the counter and takes a drink.

"Then stop drinking."

"No."

I sigh in frustration. She can't stay here and see what i'm about to do. "How about you sleep here?"

She thinks about it for a moment. "Okay."

I lead her through the house and up the stairs, then into one of the guest bedrooms where I usually stay when I'm here. "So, you okay here?"

"Yeah," she watches me from the centre of the room.

"Well, I'll be downstairs."

"Wait," she calls when I'm about to walk out the door. "Please don't leave me."

What the fuck am I going to do now? I could just wait until she falls asleep and then go. "Okay." I close the door and walk over to her. Putting my hands on her arms to lead her to the bed, I say, "Lie down."

She puts her hand on the side of my face, making me freeze. I watch her eyes, wondering what she's doing. My hand finds it's way to her waist, desperate to touch her, and I slowly move it up her body. She bites her lip and closes her eyes, then puts both her arms around my neck, pulling me closer.

"Kiss me," she breathes.

I want to. I want to so fucking bad.

"No."

But I can't. She is not herself right now. If she was sober she wouldn't be anywhere near me the way she is right now.

"Please," her voice is desperate, her eyes still closed.

Fuck. I can't handle it. She's so hot. So fucking irresistible. I lean in and kiss her.

Her hands run through my hair, pulling at the roots. Feels so good. A moan escapes her mouth. Fuck.

I push her down on the bed and hover over her. I want more. My lips go to her neck, kissing and sucking, making her moan in pleasure. I must be dreaming. This can't be real. My kisses trail down her chest, then back up her neck and onto her jawline.

She breathes heavily, her hands pulling harshly at my hair, then move down my body to the bottom of my shirt.

Fuck. What the fuck am I doing? She doesn't want this. She's drunk and upset about Mason. I'm just her rebound.