Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare

"What about this?" Zoey holds up a purple dress from my closet.

"No, I wore that at my eight year old cousins birthday party."

After seeing Mason yesterday, I got into Zoey's car and told her i'd come to the party. I want to forget about him and have fun with Zoe, if she's not too busy with Cole, that is.

"What about this?" She then holds up a silver one. I have never wore it before but my mom got me it for my birthday one year. It has silver glitter all over it with some thin straps holding it up.

"I don't know."

She sighs, "We've been doing this for half an hour. You need to decide on one. I think it's between silver and the black one you wore to Mason's party."

I frown at the word Mason. I don't want to think about him. I want to have a Mason-free night with no drama.

"Sorry," Zoey notices my discomfort.

"It's fine," I pull my attention back to the dresses. "I think i'll go for the silver."

"Finally! Good choice. You're gonna look smokin'."

I take the dress from her and go to my bathroom and put it on. When I look in the mirror, I like what I see. Which isn't often. Zoey had already done my makeup and straightened my hair, and the sparkly silver eyeshadow goes perfect with the dress. The dress is also low-cut, showing my cleavage, which makes me nervous. I usually wear t-shirts that go right up to my neck.

"Holy shit!" Zoey says when I come out of the bathroom. "Zeke is gone die when he sees you."

I roll my eyes, "Zeke isn't interested in me."

"Suuure," she wiggles her eyebrows.

"We probably won't even see him. He might be too busy making out with some blonde," I suddenly feel annoyed.

"Come on, Marnie. When's the last time you saw him getting it on with someone else?"

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Zeke with any desperate girls attached to him in at least a week. Maybe he's getting more mature and keeping his business private.

We go in Zoey's car to Cole's house, where the party is in full swing. Zoey said it was a good thing that I look ages to decide on an outfit because now we can be fashionably late.

"I'd love to live somewhere like this," I tell Zoey while admiring Cole's parents' house.

"You should just move into Cole's room then. He hates it here."

"Why?"

Zoey shrugs, "Who cares, let's stop talking about houses and get drunk!" She leads me into the house, knowing her way around, she takes me into the kitchen.

"I don't wanna drink," I say as she picks up a bottle of vodka.

"Why not? You'll have fun," she hands me the bottle. "Oh look, there's the guys," she waves across the room to where Cole, Zeke and Isaac are standing at the patio doors.

Cole nudges Zeke when he sees us, and Zeke meets my eye. But he doesn't look too happy to see me.

Zoey walks over to them and I follow. Isaac and Cole are standing halfway outside smoking cigarettes, Zeke isn't.

"Hey, babe," Cole puts his arm around Zoey and kisses her cheek.

"What are you doing here?" Zeke asks me.

"I'm here to have fun. Isn't that what you always want me to do?"

"Yeah, but not here. You don't fit in here, you should just go."