Chapter 3

"No!" Marko rose from her bed screaming. She was sweating bullets and breathing heavily. She looked around and noticed she was in her average room.

Was she dreaming? Was there really a Tenkou Fairy, a perverted so called hero, and did she wear that...

Yep, it was dream. There were no unmelting snowflakes, fairies that would whisk you away, or any pervert heroes. It was all a horrible dream.

"Marko, are you alright?!" her average father called from downstairs.

"Yeah, dad! Just a bad dream!" the average high schooler answered back.

That's right. She was just an average high school student living in an average city with her average parents with a completely average life. Nothing special, nothing magical, just average.

If there was one thing she loved from awakening from that horrible nightmare was leaving behind that so called hero.

Never again would she have to see his short blonde hair, dark brown eyes, or his slightly above average face. Nor would she see his odd English medieval knight styled black clothing or his unmatching Japanese styled katana that he carried on his back. But most of all, she would never have to encounter his shameless perverted acts again! She was actually happy for once her in her life to be away from someone!

"Ah, so this is what you're human form looks like? You're still as beautiful as ever." she heard his voice, but denied its existence. He didn't exist and she knew it. Even if he was sitting beside her bed, she knew he wasn't real. He couldn't be so she simply returned her sleep...

About a minute later, she opened her eyes and looked to her side. Sure enough, he was still there, being a fake existence.

"Crap, what time is it?" she asked herself.

"Twenty minutes till seven, my dear." he answered her.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Why are you calling me that?"

"Because... I'm talking to my mother right now."

"No you're not. You're talking to me."

"You're not real. Go away."

"Where to, Marko? The highest mountain? The coldest winter? I shall go anywhere you wish for me to be."

She wasn't dreaming. There was no way a dream would respond so well and annoying. He was really there, sitting next to her smiling as always. She could scream, but she was exhausted to engage in a such a needless act.

"So you're real?"

"As real as my love towards you."

"And I am really this Marko Tenkou person?"

"As real as your love towards me."

"Then I guess I'm not since I don't love you. That makes you both an intruder and liar, Perverted Hero."

"That is not true! I've been here this entire time!"

"What have you been doing for the past few hours while I was asleep?"

"Watching you sleep. You say odd things while you're asleep."

"Perverted Hero."

"Oh, by the way. I went through your drawer and found some of the most wonderful things! So many different colors of underwear and this small round thing that vibrated in my hand when I flipped the switch on it..."

With complete anger and embarrassment, Marko lifted the same drawer from the floor and crushed Hero underneath it. Wait... when did she have super strength?

"As much as it pleases me to be buried under the same location where you keep your fine undergarments... my body is not..." Hero spoke painfully from under the drawer.

"When did I get this super strength?" she ignored him and stared at her body. Her body was now more slim than before for some odd reason. It felt more agile too.

"Oh, that comes with the powers by default. Your psychical abilities have increased at least four times. Your body is also more fit for combat."

"I see..." she could live with this new body. It was much more attractive than her old one.

As she got dressed for school (Hero unfortunately couldn't see her because he was still trapped underneath the drawer), she noticed her eye color had changed. It was no longer her cold, unmatched, green eyes. They were uplifting, matching, blue eyes. Yet another thing she didn't mind from the transformation.

Quickly, she said goodbye to her average parents (who stopped her to make sure she was their daughter) and left her home.

What goes around, comes around is what some say and now the phrase fit perfectly in Marko's case. She encountered the old couple as usual and slipped pasy by as always. This time instead of insults from the old couple, she didn't hear anything. She turned a quick eye to see them staring at her in amazement.

"Whoa... I wouldn't mind her passing by me everyday." the old man said.

"We're going to get a divorce, aren't we, honey?" his elderly wife said.

"I already signed the forms."

Marko quickly increased her pace. She didn't like being the center of attention and didn't want to see the old woman choking the life out her husband.

Next, at school she would simply just pass through any wondering student. Nobody paid any attention to her (unless it was a guy staring at her boobs) and she didn't pay anybody any attention either. A fair exchange Marko thought in her mind. However, today instead of everybody ignoring her, nearly every student she came across stared at her in awe or greeted her.

"Good morning." a passing female student greeted her with polite smile on her face.

"Good morning." Marko instantly responded back, she did the same without even knowing.

"Good morning." a passing male student offered a handshake.

"Good morning." she accepted it and shook his hand for no reason at all.

"Can I get them digits, little mama?" a male gangster student tried to hit on her.

"Perhaps another time." she didn't respond cruelly as she thought she would. Luckily, the gangster accepted the invitation and went back to knitting his pink sweater.

She was the center of attention once again. Everybody's eyes were on her. They were staring at her new slim body in both awe and envy. They acted like a famous model had just waltzed into their school, but it was only Marko Tsuna, the average high school student. She didn't like it one bit.

To get away from lurking eyes of her peers, Marko quickly entered her classroom and sat in her seat as usual.

"Excuse me... are you a new student?" Mrs. Burns gave her the oddest look, like she was a stranger that had just entered her classroom.

"No, it's me, Marko Tsuna."

It took Mrs. Burns about a minute to accept that she was Marko Tsuna. "Okay, fine, whatever. Just at least inform me ahead of time that you got a makeover."

Marko felt Mrs. Burns glaring at her, like she despised her very existence. The hot presence that she would always feel was now clawing at her from her seat. Was Mrs. Burns jealous of her new appearance or did her new appearance awaken the deep hatred Mrs. Burns had for her? Marko couldn't tell, though maybe it was the former because she received a surprising D today on her algebra quiz even though she studied for it.