Chapter 25

Marko Tenkou Ch.25

Marko aimlessly stared at the ceiling of her room, laying down in her bed as if she was in an eternal trance. Her heart felt like a lump of lead yet empty at the same time.

Her face carried no emotion and her eyes the same. Her whole body felt like stone, unable to move.

What was there to do anyway? It had only been mere hours after she collapsed from breaking down in tears. Tears shed over the lost of a dear ally and defeat from the Betraying Tenkou.

Marko thought of nothing other than regret. She regretted being weak, useless, and felt if she was only stronger, she might have been able to make a difference even if it was slight.

No.

Even if she was stronger, what could she have done? She could barely face death nor bear to commit it. The face of the man she killed appeared in her mind, a constant reminder of her sin.

Despair's cold grip grasped Marko's heart once more. She turned to her sideand let out a tired sigh. Resting wasn't going to heal her mental wounds, so she decided not to sleep.

Her parents allowed her to stay home for today, sensing dread lingering within her. Marko didn't explain to them the reason, or rather she couldn't.

There was no way they would believe she was some sort of magical girl type warrior or that a celestial being needed her help to stop a mad overlord from destroying the world. Marko wished she could cry her feelings out to them like the many times before, but this time was different. She would have to face her problems alone.

Alone?

Marko rose to her feet and begun to walk to her door. She opened it and waltzed towards the door of the attic in the middle of the hallway.

She wasn't alone. There were others who were suffering the same pain as her.

Staring at the door, Marko wondered if it was right to disturb Hero. She knew he was hurting badly, probably moreso than she was. He too needed time to recover from the incident, but she thought it was wrong if he had to bear with it alone.

Marko raised her hand to touch the string, but stopped at once when she heard her phone ringing. Unintentionally, she hurried back to her room and picked up her phone to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Marko."

Marko's eyes widened upon hearing the voice of the caller. It was Titania.

"Oh, hey, Titania."

"I, um, hope I wasn't interrupting you with anything." From her end, Marko could feel a heavy weight in Titania's voice as she spoke.

"No, not at all. Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm doing fine, thanks for your concern."

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Um, yes," Titania paused. After a few seconds, she spoke again. "I know this is a hard request to ask, but... do you mind coming with me to the museum today?"

"The museum?" Marko repeated, confused, "Why do you want to go there?"

"I just..." Titania once again paused to collect her words, "I feel like I need to go there. No, I think we all need to. Umetaro... I mean Sakamoto Ryoma is greatly known in history for what he did for Japan. I feel like we will be honoring him by learning about his history.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but please come with me." Titania's voice strained as if she could cry at any moment. "Please..."

Marko stood in silence. Honestly, she thought it took a lot of strength for Titania to muster to even prepare herself to leave her house.