Chapter 15

Marko Tenkou Ch.15

An hour passed since the battle ended. Hero had been taken to a room where Shani's nurses were tending to his wounds. He had received not one, but three direct strikes from lightning. A normal human being would've been either dead, paralyzed, or their central nervous system would be affected. No one knew his condition whatsoever and feared greatly of the outcome of his condition if he managed to survive or not.

Marko stood before the doors of the operating room along with Titania. The others sat on the staircase near the entrance.

The tension in the air was extremely heavy. Titinia constantly looked back at Marko to if she would be the one to break the ice. She didn't have any words of encouragement to give her or words of advice. She couldn't tell if she was angry or sad.

"I'm an idiot." Marko suddenly spoke. Her voice low with guilt and sadness.

"No you're not." Titania spoke with what first came to mind.

"I let this happen. I would always call him for whatever he did. It's funny because right now I'm the bigger idiot." She admitted to herself. She rested her head on the doors of the operating room, wanting to sense a hint of safety from him.

Memories of his smile ran through her mind.

"I shouldn't have let him fight. I should've fought."

She hated his perverseness and extreme idiocy. How he would always give her headaches and embarrass her beyond ways imaginable.

"I don't know if he'll forgive me for taking away his smile. I don't know if he'll forgive my stupidity."

Tears began to stream down her face. She soon fell to her knees and burst into tears.

"But I do know… I'll never forgive myself for allowing him to get hurt."

Titania wanted to stroke her back to comfort her tears. She wanted to cry along with her to sympathize. However, she had another thought in her mind. She momentarily left her and went to the staircase where the others were.

"Titania," Umetaro noticed her. "Have you received word on his condition?" she shook her head, confirming she hadn't. "I see…" he looked down, returning to his depressed state.

She looked at Dei. His wounds were not in serious condition, but receiving a barrage of punches on both his face and stomach forced him to wear bandages around his chest and a brace on his head. When he opened his mouth to yawn, she noticed he lost a tooth in the front. His cheeks were slightly plumped as well.

She then looked at Shani, who sat far from the two heroes on the bottom row of the staircase. She remained as calm and collected as ever, not a sense of any other emotion to the events that had just transpired.

Seeing that angered her. She was already angered from seeing her best friend cry, but seeing Shani sitting without a care whatsoever to the situation pissed her off.

"What?" Shani noticed Titania's glare.

"Apologize." Titaniaa walked up to her.

"I'm sorry?"

She slapped Shani across her left cheek, knocking her off the staircase. The sound rang across the entire room, quickly gaining the attention of both heroes.

"Get up." Titania ordered.

Even without her order, Shani rose to her feet. She intensely glared at her. A red mark planted on her cheek from where she had slapped her.

"No." Shani plainly denied.

Titania grabbed her by her collar and slammed her against a wall, knocking down a painting portrait of her father that hung nearby.