Chapter 20

Marko Tenkou Ch.20

"3... 2... 1... Go!"

Following the ending part, a rhythmic tone began to play along with the uproaring cheers of the crowd. The lights in the arena erupted, showering the entire interior in various bright colors like a rainbow. Many of the pink lights; however, were focused on the center stage where the band had already began playing.

The uproar from the audience only grew louder as a young teen ran to the middle of the stage. Everybody knew this person well.

"Good evening, Tokyo!" the cheery teen claded in pink yelled into the microphone she was holding, her voice boomed across the entire arena. "Thank you all for coming to my show tonight!"

Despite being unheard, few people in the audience expressed their love towards the teen.

"We love you, Xantara!"

"You're so beautiful, Xantara!"

"Have my unborn children, Xantara!"

"Mommy, I have to go potty!"

"Shut up and play your Angry Birds!"

With a gleaming smile, Xantara winked at her audience as she began to sing along to the music.

Everytime I see you walking by, my heartbeat increases~ Everytime I look into your eyes, I feel like I've gotten into a trance~

I don't why my heart is beating so fast~ I need to find out this mystery~

But one possible conclusion I came up with is...~

Upon hearing that high note, the band began the chorus of the song.

I think I've fallen in love today~ Today, I've fallen under your spell~ My heart is beating so quickly, I think it just might burst~

Hero swayed side to side as he watched the concert on the television screen of the mini T.V. in the attic. A massive grin was on his face as he hummed to the song and watched Xantara danced onstage.

"Ah, you're so beautiful, Xantara..." Hero yearningly sighed.

The doorsteps to the attic opened, but the hero didn't even notice as his full attention was set on the T.V. Suddenly a great deal of pain rang through his head, snapping him out of his trance. He quickly looked back to see Marko growling at him with tired eyes.

"Hero, it is freaking midnight! Keep it down!" she ordered as she stomped out the attic.

With a pout, he turned off the T.V. and returned to bed.

The next day was Saturday, so Marko didn't have to go school. Thankfully since she didn't get much sleep last night.

As she slept peacefully in her bed, dreaming about the last episode I regretfully forgot to put up last week, a presence entered her room.

The presence then leaped unto her bed, landing on her stomach with a soft thud. Since the structure of the being was small, Marko remained in her dreams, completely unaware that something landed on her stomach.

"Rise O' Great Marko Tenkou..." a hollow feminine called out to her, instantly waking her.

"Giant enemy crabs!" Marko screamed, recounting the last moments of the episode. After coming to her senses, she finally noticed what was sitting on her stomach, a small blue hedgehog.

The Tenkou had collect herself from drifting back to sleep. She was sure she was still dreaming. That was until...

"Good Morning." the hedgehog said, in the hollow, feminine voice. Marko nearly leaped out of her bed, but didn't want to fling the creature lying on her.

"Why is a hedgehog talking?! What is a hedgehog doing here anyway?!" the Tenkou shouted out her questions.

"Relax, Marko Tenkou." the talking hedgehog raised a front paw to calm her, which didn't work. "I come in peace."

"That's what all aliens say before probing us!"

"I believe you are still within the realm of dreams. Please awaken fully Marko Tenkou so we may have a proper discussion."

The hedgehog didn't seem to be violent so she trusted its words, though kept a firm bit of doubt in mind.

"Fine, who or what are you?"

"I am the Tenkou Fairy." Marko wanted to drift back to sleep. "I have taken the form of an animal to speak to you directly."

"But... a hedgehog? Why not a cat or something?"

"I believe this world is familiar with blue hedgehogs if I recall correctly." the Tenkou Fairy explained. "Is there not one named similar to a known dining place?"

"I guess so..." Marko decided it wasn't best to further question the fairy's reasoning of animal choice. "So why have you come to speak to me?"

"The betraying Tenkou is growing stronger, Marko Tenkou. However, that is the least of my worries. Another dark presence is awakening in this world."

"Aside from the betraying Tenkou?"

The hedgehog fairy nodded. "This is why I am speaking to you. You must quickly gather the other Tenkous before it awakens. If Angelina gains another force on her side, she may become unstoppable."

The Ice Tenkou smiled. "Don't worry, Tenkou fairy. I won't let her win. No, we won't." Marko corrected herself.

If hedgehogs could smile, the fairy would be doing so right now. "I am glad you are vessel for the Ice Tenkou, Marko Tsuna."

"Oh, Tenkou fairy, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Proceed." the hedgehog fairy nodded.

"Why were we chosen to be vessels for the Tenkous? I'm sure there are more capable people out there."

"That is not true. From birth the Ice Tenkou has lied inside your soul." the fairy explained. "Tenkous do not chose out of the whim. You fit the qualities you are assigned to."

"What are they?"

"It varies from Tenkou."

"I see.." Before she could let the fairy leave, she had one last question. "Is Hero going to regain his memories?"

The hedgehog shook its head. "It is not by my power to restore memories, I'm afraid. He must regain them on his own."

Marko looked up at the ceiling in disappointment. She was hoping there was some way Hero could regain his memories back. She knew he felt sadden without them despite his words. His eyes told otherwise.

It was then Marko had one last question, but before she could say it, she noticed the Tenkou fairy was already gone.

With that, she decided to go back. She would inform the others later; however, Hero burst into her room, much to her dismay.

"What is it, Hero..." she noticed he had a terribly shocked expression on his face. His hands were trembling and sweat ran down his forehand.

"Xantara has been attacked! Someone shot her!" the perverted hero yelled out.

Marko knew she wasn't going to get much sleep today...