Chapter 18

Marko Tenkou Ch.18

Two days passed since the incident at Shani's mansion. Since then, Marko decided took a day off of school to recover from her wounds, which turned into an odd scene between her and Hero nonetheless.

Today; however, Marko had recovered and expected it to be a normal day at school. Boy was she ever so wrong...

"Evening, Marko," Titania greeted her with a cheerful smile, her lunch properly wrapped in a yellow napkin. "Would you like to share our lunches today?"

"Evening, Marko," Shani greeted with a calm stare, her lunch properly wrapped in a black napkin. "Care to share our lunches today?"

Marko could only look with a confused look, her lunch properly wrapped in a blue napkin, as the two Tenkous shot glares at each other.

"Um, sure thing," Marko spoke to break the tension, afraid they might drill holes into each other's bodies with their glares.

Not bothering to argue the two sat down next to her, each close to her sides with their desks grouped together. The atmosphere in the classroom quickly became awkward for Marko.

To dim it down she decided to bring up conversation, "So about that Suit guy, do you think he'll approach us like Slash?"

"Hmm..." Titania thought of an answer. "Probably so. He looks a bit older than her, but I can see him pass off as a student."

"If he does show up," Shani spoke through bites of her rice, not realizing their was a single grain of rice on her cheek. "I'll kill him again instantly."

Despite her serious face, Marko didn't feel the same dark aura as she would usually feel around. She could've lighten up since the incident. She did oddly apologize to everyone with a graceful after Suit ran off, even to Dei and addressing him by his name surprise.

"Shani, do you hate Dei?" Marko asked, curious of her hate towards him.

"I hate men in general." Shani answered. "Pervs the all of them."

"Umetaro is a nice guy." Titania noted. "But it must be because he was married before."

"He was? Interesting..." Marko thought about it as she took a bite out of her bread. She always saw him as a wise mentor, most likely to have engaged in many battles; however, he didn't look like a soldier out of World War II. More like someone from the Edo period oddly.

"Hello, ladies," Her thoughts stopped short when the class president approached them, his lunch properly wrapped in a brown napkin.

"Oh, hey..." Marko greeted, trying to remember his name, but to no avail. "Class President."

"I'm not surprised you don't remember my name," he sighed in depress. "No one does."

"Can I help you?"

"I am came to ask of a favor, Tsuna." he pulled chair from a desk behind him and sat down in front of Marko's desk. "By the way, you have a single grain of rice on your cheek, Apollo." he said to Shani, who quickly removed it.

"Anyway," he continued, but stopped to think.

"What is it?" Marko noticed he had difficulty expressing his favor.

"Well to be honest, it's kind of an odd request." he admitted. "I'm not sure you'll agree. Though, do you mind if I extend it to the rest of you?" he asked Shani and Titania.

"Tell us first, Class President." Titania spoke for the both of them.

"I would like your assistance in helping me achieve Student Body President." he revealed.

"Student Body President?" Marko looked at him with a slightly shock expression. "Why?"

"I am man of politics." he answered while pushing up glasses, the unmoving shine still remained, blocking them seeing his eyes. "Becoming Student Body President will not only make a fine mark on my transcript, it'll increase my knowledge."

"So why are you asking us?"

"Because you're the only people I know."

"Being shy isn't going to help you in the world of politics." Shani commented.

"I'm not shy I can assure you. My reach with my follow peers exactly been... developing as quickly as I hoped." he sighed at that. "Which surprises me that everybody voted me to be class president."

"That's because no one cared." Marko admitted. When she was asked to vote for someone she just randomly checked the top name on the ballot. "Though I don't see how we can help."

"Well... it'll help if I do have the assistance of three of the most beautiful girls at our school." he said casually.

"I-I'm not sure flattery will get you pretty far." Shani slightly blushed at his statement.

"Oh, I didn't mean to flatter. It's what most of the school agrees with." he pulled his smartphone, pulling up an application with a tap, and show the screen to them. "There's an app about it."

Much to their surprise, the screen showed a list of the top ten most attractive girls at the school by ranking. By each name there was the number of students that voted for the particular girl on the list.

From tenth to first listed: Parcell, Hikari, Kyoko, Shani, Evelyn, Miki, Titania, Tsukiko, Marko, and Xantara.

"I'm only number six?" Shani was disappointed.

"I can't believe there's an actual app for this." Titania was surprised to see her name so high on it.

"Huh? Who's Xantara?" Marko noticed the top name, striking it as familiar.

"You don't know her?" the class president returned his phone back into his pocket. "Xantara Astana, famous teen pop star?"

"Oh, yeah..." she remembered seeing a shampoo ad on t.v. starring her. "She's really pretty."

"Anyway, do you agree to help me?" he asked.

"I guess." Marko shrugged.

"Alright." Titania agreed.

"As long as we don't have to wear anything embarrassing." Shani crossed her arms across her chest.

"Thank you very much." he stood up and bowed in thanks. "I am most grateful for your assistance."

With that he departed out of the classroom, but before he went down the hall, he walked back inside. "By the way, my name is..."

The Tenkous had already brought up another topic to discuss, completely ignoring his existence. He returned to the halls with a cloud of depress raining down over his head.