Chapter 22

Marko Tenkou Ch. 22

"Why are we here, Slash?" Burns asked.

Far away from the hospital, the two walked about the exterior of a small, broken down motel. From the cheap state and lack of cars, not many stayed within the rooms unless it wasn't for long.

Burns glanced at the police cars speeding down the streets towards the hospital. She thought of asking Slash if she or the Tenkou inside of her had anything to do with it, but decided against it since Slash may or may not give her a direct answer.

"You'll see soon enough." Slash responded and what Burns expected from her.

Since meeting Slash, Burns had a troubling relationship with her as if she dealing with a bratty teenage daughter. She was glad she didn't wish to have children of her own as teaching them provided enough stress and worry.

After a few minutes of walking, Slash stopped in front of a particular room.

"Here we are." she said as she crossed her arms and lend against a telephone pole across from the room.

"This room? What of it?" Burns glanced at the room number. 101, such a plain number to stop at.

"Take a peek inside, lady. You might see something interesting." Slash advised with a hint of laughter in her voice, pointing at the small gap left open from the dull purple drapes inside.

Not wanting to deal with her, Burns obligated and peeked through the drapes. All she saw was darkness, the light from seeping through providing only a dim light, but she could make out two figures on the bed's surface.

A woman's bare legs crossing against a man's, both of their bodies dripping in hot sweat, until finally she was able to their faces. The woman she didn't know, but the man recognized in an instant.

Burns stepped back, horrified as she used the window's surface to support her legs that were shaking frantically. She heard the amused chuckle coming from Slash.

"S-Shut your mouth..."

"My, my, I wonder what you saw mortal." Slash said as she continued, "Perhaps you had your doubts, but the truth is right in front of your eyes. I find it hilarious you actually had an ounce of doubt to begin with!"

Burns walked up to Slash and grabbed her by her collar, glaring menacingly deep into her eyes. "I said shut the hell up!"

"Sure, put all of your hate towards me, mortal. However, I suggest you better drain it on the man who once vowed to never deceive you rather than me. More satisfying that way."

Burns dropped her grip to gather her thoughts. What she saw, she didn't wish to believe it. She didn't want to. However, her sight couldn't fool her. Inside that room she saw her husband cheating on her with another woman, catching them in the midst of intercourse.

Since their marriage began she wanted to be like she imagined it as a girl or seen it in movies. However, that was proven false once she grew up to realize the pains of marriage. Every wife wanted the perfect husband yet she knew there was no such thing.

Throughout her marriage, she had doubts about him being faithful to her. Every time, she shot them down and continued living that "perfect" life that she always dreamt of. It was foolish, devastatingly foolish.

Anger filled her heart, tears began to form in her eyes. She wanted to lash her anger out, on anything she could get her hands on.

Allow me to assist you.

She ignored the voice resonating in her voice, knowing if she'd listen she would fall into her trap.

Just for a slight moment let my power take over your body so you may deliver judgment upon him.