Chapter 19

Marko Tenkou Ch.19

"Honey, I'm home!" announced an average everyday office worker as he walked into his average home.

"Welcome home dear!" greeted a familiar female teacher as she walked into the living room to greet her husband.

The two welcomed each other with a hug and kiss. Afterwards, the husband dropped his briefcase down on the couch and then himself with a relieved sigh.

"Another hard day at work?" the wife asked.

"Yep," he answered by rubbing his knuckles. "So what's for dinner?"

"The usual." she answered.

"Alright." he said with small, tired sigh that he thought she wouldn't hear. She did, but didn't react to it. "Honey, it's ten, can you hand me a beer?"

Before she walked off, she saw him fix his collar and unbuttoned a button on his shirt. On the lower part of his neck was a small, but ever so noticeable dry pink lip mark. The wife was wearing red lipstick.

With a fake smile she replied, "Of course, dear." and departed into the kitchen. After grabbing an unopened beer can from the refrigerator, she began to walk back to the living room.

"What are you waiting for?" a hollow feminine voice asked her, making her stop in front a mirror in the middle of the hallway.

"What do you want?" Mrs. Burns glared at her own reflection.

Her reflection smirked on its accord and spoke with a different voice, "We both know he gets off of work at nine. Yet, he comes in at ten."

"And?" the teacher folded her arms across her chest. "This has nothing to do with you."

The reflection giggled and mocked the same motion. "You don't understand, human. Then again, you do. Your husband is obviously cheating on you and you what do you do? Smile and look pretty, that's it."

"Honey!" the husband called out. "Beer!"

"Coming, dear!" she answered and turned back to her reflection. "Stay out of my life."

"I'm having a meeting tonight, so I'm going to need your body." the reflection noted before returning to the same stance as its other.

With a sigh, Burns placed her fake smile back on and walked into the living room.

Later on that midnight, Burns sat down on the couch. Sitting on the floor was Slash, with a bored expression on her face.

"Yo, boss." she waved. "Or are you Burns now?"

"Hello, Slash." Burns answered, much to Slash's disappointment.

"Where's the boss?" she asked, lying down on the floor. "She better have not called me here for nothing."

"How am I to know?" Burns shrugged. "She usually takes over my body without asking."

Appearing from the shadows, Suit leaped into the room in a flamboyant manner, making a loud thump sound throughout the house. "Good evening, ladies!"

"Idiot, keep your voice down!" Slash yelled at him, unknowingly louder than him. "You're going to wake the other human up!"

"You're both being loud." Burns sighed. "Besides, my husband won't wake up easily since he's dead drunk as usual."

"Oh, how sad, my dear." Suit gave a sympathized smirk. "You deserve a much better man. Perhaps I can take that role?"

"Quit hitting on every girl you see, perv." Slash glared at him angrily.

"Are you jealous?" he winked at her.

"Don't make me kill you again!" she brandished her whip, leaving a small lash mark on the floor.

"Now, now, my little bird." he placed his arms up in defense. "I was already killed just a few moments ago. Does my lifeless eyes bring satisfaction to your body? If so, then maybe I can agree."

"Enough." Burns spoke up, this time her voice was different, more of the same Marko heard. Thd betraying Tenkou had gained control of Burns' body.

"Sorry." the two minions bowed in apology to their master.

"I'm going to make this meeting short." the betraying Tenkou stood up, slowly walking around the room. "My control over this body is about to end. If we do not hurry in a few days time, I can never take control over it again. Damn that fairy for destroying my original vessel..."

The Tenkou stopped to curse in a language unknown to the minion's ears, but then continued. "Also, we are close to reviving him. It'll take time to gather the parts we need; however, the Tenkous and Heroes are unknown to his energy as of now, so there's need to hurry the process."

"It'll surely help our numbers." Slash commented.

"True," the betraying Tenkou nodded in agreement. "Still, if you can find a way to quicken the time, it shall be most appreciated." she looked at Suit with an angered expression. "I am not pleased with your failure, Suit."

"My deepest apologizes, my lord." he bowed.

"Whatever the case, this meeting is over. Return to your bases and wait for me to call you again." the Tenkou waved a dismissive hand, signalling them to leave.

"We serve only you, Angelina Tenkou." the minions departed into the shadows, leaving her alone.

Shortly afterwards, she gave Burns control back over the body, making her breathe heavily in exhaustion. "I'm getting real sick of this mind switching bullshit."

"It shall be over soon, human." the betraying Tenkou said inwardly. "Though, if you just sumbit to me, we don't have to go through this process."

"Hell no." Burns quickly denied. "I still want to keep my life."

"Life?" the Tenkou questioned. "Do you mean the lie you are living? Do you truly wish to live like this forever?"

"Better than being your puppet."

The Tenkou giggled, amused by her answer. "Soon, human... it shall all be over soon."