Chapter 9

Marko Tenkou Ch.9

Sitting lazily in Titania's room, Umetaro stared blankly at her marron colored ceiling. He regularly stayed outside in the shed her father rarely goes into, but he decided to stay in her room in hope she would return right after school. Much to his surprise, it was already night and she was still out.

"Hmm... I wonder what is keeping her. Perhaps she's doing something at school." he wondered in thought. He remembered she said something about her friend. "Hmm... maybe that, but I don't know why it would take this long for a simple kiss. I'll never understand the woman of this time period."

Suddenly, he felt a surge of energy enter inside his body. He immediately jumped to his feet."T... This is..." he spent a second to calm the new founded energy. "How is this possible? This shouldn't happen until..."

Not thinking for a second more, he grabbed his swords on the floor and ran out of the house.

At Marko's house, Titania felt the same type of energy in her own body.

"Titania?" Marko asked in concern.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something." she lied. "It got pretty late fast, huh?"

"Yeah, I hope your parents don't give you too much hell."

"My dad is pretty reasonable. I doubt he's home anyway."

"Would you like me to walk you home?"

"Isn't that something a guy would usually say?" she teased.

"I... I didn't mean it like that!" Marko blushed.

"Seriously though, I'm fine walking home alone. My house isn't far from here."

"But what if something bad happens to you?"

"If something like that happens... will you be there to save me?"

"Of course I will."

For a while, they stared into each others eyes. You can literally see hearts and cupids floating around them.

"Marko..."

"Titania..."

"I'm sorry for turning you gay."

"It's alright..." her trance broke. "H... Hold on! I'm not..."

"I know, I was just messing with you. So, ready to go?"

"Yeah."

They exited Marko's room and walked into the living room. It was still plastered with underwear. Hero just sat there in admiration of the sight.

"Ah..." he sighed in relief. "I'll never get tired of this."

"Hero, if my underwear isn't back in my room by the time I get back, I'll kill you." Marko threatened him as they walked to the door.

"Okay..." he simply said.

As Marko's hand touched the doorknob, a knock sounded on the other side.

"Are you expecting someone?" Titania asked.

"No, not at this hour."

She knew it wasn't her parents as they had a key to the house. It couldn't be an enemy as they would've properly just bust in. Reluctantly, she opened the door.

"Titania." Umetaro greeted.

"Umetaro?!" Titania was surprised to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"You know him?" Marko spoke up.

"I apologize for interrupting you, but I..." he stopped when he noticed Marko. "Marko Tenkou?!"