Chapter 21

Marko Tenkou Ch.21

"You... have got to be kidding me..."

The outside of the Capsule hospital was packed to say the least. The entire crowd of concerned, enraged fans blocked the entrance as well as two roads. Police officers directed traffic towards other roads as the cry from the fans only roared louder with every passing minute.

The Heroes and Tenkous could only stare in disbelief at the massive fandom over a single person. Even Hero was in the mix of anger and rage.

"We demand to know the condition of Xantara now!" a guy screamed into his megaphone, his voice booming aloud for everyone to hear.

The fans roared in agreement. From the podium in front of the locked doors of the hospital, a young male doctor prepared to speak into his microphone.

"Um, h-hello everyone." he stuttered, nervous from the size of the crowd. He was literally sweating bullets. "I am D-Doctor Katsu. C-Currently taking care of the patient, X-Xantara..."

The crowd roared in annoyance of his stuttering, making him flinch and hide under the podium.

"Sir, you have to give your analysis." one of the two officers informed him.

"I-I'm afraid they'll... rip me... into pieces..." the frighten doctor mumbled.

The officer forcefully pulled him out of his hiding place and directed him back to the podium. With a gulp, the doctor prepared to speak again.

"A-As of currently... M-Miss Xantara is still in surgery... She was shot twice by unidentified bullets... once in her right shoulder... and the other in the right section of her s-stomach..." the quivering doctor informed them. "W-We are doing our best to make s-sure she is in... tip-top shape!"

With an answer given, the crowd managed to slightly settle down, but their everlasting anger remained. The doctor had already bolted inside of the hospital for safety before anyone could notice his absence.

"Well, this is going to be a pleasant day." Marko sarcastically stated to herself, rubbing her temples in annoyance.

"How do you suppose we go about this?" Titania asked.

"I say we just bust in and tell we're friends." Dei suggested, flexing his muscles as if ready to barge through the crowd.

"I fully agree!" Hero raised his hand in agreement.

"Fools." Shani sighed. "You don't think that pop star has massive security? The only way we can get in is if expose our identities and that is not an option. We're honestly wasting our time being here."

"For once, I have to agree with her." Umetaro chimed in. "There is nothing we can do here to assist her condition. We shall let the work of modern technology do its work."

"Hmm..." Marko thought to herself.

"What's on your mind, Marko?" the Uranus Tenkou noticed.

"I think something is going on behind the scenes. What the doctor said has me thinking." the Ice Tenkou said.

"How so?" the Shani asked.

"The bullets are unidentified." Marko elaborated. "Normally investigation would match the bullet with the type of gun by now. Either the results are late or those bullets aren't normal."

"Do you have anything to support your suggestion?" Umetaro asked.

"Nothing really, more of a thought. Shani, can you say you could hardened shadows into bullets?"

Shani nodded. "Of course I can. Why do you ask?"

"I think Suits might be involved then. You two have similar powers and he has a motive to attack us. Us Tenkous I mean."

"You think Xantara is a Tenkou?" Umetaro asked.

"I'm positive. It would surprise me if she wasn't."

"That means we can go inside!" Hero shouted in glee. "Let us be by her side!"

Before he could dash off, Marko grabbed him by the back of his collar, forcing to stop.

"Hold on there, Hero." Umetaro said. "We have to find a way inside first."

Dei sighed. "Like I said, just bash through..."

"Dei, shut up." his Tenkou silenced him before he could finish. "I have an idea, but it has its risks."

The parking lot on the first floor of the hospital was surprisingly dark. No lights were lit, leaving a damp, empty feeling. From the door entrance, a large shadow creeped inside, much darker than the darkness that lied inside.

Rising from the shadow were the Heroes and Tenkous. Everyone aside from Shani was breathing heavily, as if gasping for air.

"Shani, what the hell was that?!" Marko asked her.

"That's how it feels to travel inside of a shadow." she plainly answered.

"That was so depressing... and dark..." Titania held her body tightly.

After a minute to calm down, the others stood up and examined their surroundings.

"We managed to infiltrate the base." Dei gazed around. He then conjured a small lightning bolt in his hand, slightly lighting the room from where they were. "Now what?"

Hero walked forward. "Follow me!"

Before the joyful, perverted hero could take another step, a blade inched under his neck, halting his movement.

"Who are you?" the wielder asked as it came into view.

The wielder was a woman. She had shining sliver eyes, long black hair tied into a ponytail in the back, smooth dark skin, and a cursive figure. She wore a Egyptian styled white dress that looked to be crafted out of silk and carried a curved sword in her left hand.

"Zobi?" Umetaro recognized her.

With a sigh, she sheathed her sword into a red scabbard on right side and eyed the heroes. "I knew we would meet again eventually. To my dismay."

"Yeah, it's her alright." Dei joked with a chuckle.

"And these are your fellow Tenkous?" she noticed them.

"Um, yes." Marko nodded. "Who are you?"

"My name is Zobi." the dark-skinned woman introduced with a formal bow. "The sane Heroine of the few chosen."

"Heroine?" Titania questioned.

"Yes, the title of Hero is not exclusive to the male gender."

"So your Xantara's hero then?"

"That is correct."

"Wait..." Hero said. "That means you and her..." A large perverted grin appeared on his face as various thoughts ran about wild in his mind.

"I see you are still the same as ever, child." Zobi shook her head in disappointment. "Putting aside your foolishness, what brings you all here?"

"We've come to investigate how this whole situation happened." Umetaro answered. "Can you tell us what you know?"

"There is not much to tell, Umetaro." Zobi said. "She was attacked while departing from stage. I was unable to see the attacker as he used a gun and fled among the crowd. My first thought was to assist my Tenkou."

"So why are you here instead of being next to her?"

"I am not recognized as her protector, so I was forbidden from staying within a certain perimeter. I am surveying around here to make sure no one attempts to attack her again in surprise."

"Then, you don't mind if we journey on ahead?"

"As long as I follow you." the heroine agreed with a nod. "Just..."

Before she could speak any further, the sound rapid gunfire rang out from above following by haunting shrieks.