Chapter 5

Work went by quicker than you thought. It was almost dark out when you were walking home, and you just hate walking home in the dark. When you walked into the house, you were surprised by what you saw.

In the kitchen, Saeran was making some macaronis. He usually doesn't cook around the house. You do most of it. His kind gestures lately kept surprising you more and more.

"What are you doing?" you asked. You walked into the kitchen, and he looked back at you.

"Making us dinner," he replied. You didn't even know he could cook. It was boxed macaroni and cheese, and anyone could make that... but still...

"Oh, you didn't need to do that.."

With a shrug, he turned his attention back to what he was doing.

You ate together, which was new. Saeran usually ate later than you and Saeyoung did. You didn't even engage in conversation.

You helped wash the dishes and went upstairs to read a little bit. Saeran did his own thing until it was almost midnight.

While you were laying on your side of the bed, staring at the empty spot next to you, you heard your door creak open. Turning around, you saw Saeran in a shirt and pajama pants you got him at the mall trip.

"Is there something wrong?" you asked, sitting up. He shrugged.

"I just had a nightmare is all," he said. You adjusted yourself so you were sitting on the side of the bed. You pat the spot next to you. Saeran came over, sitting beside you.

"I'm sorry that Saeyoung isn't here," you said. Usually he's the one who calms Saeran down. His nightmares are an almost normal thing.

"It's fine..."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Saeran quickly shook his head 'no'.

"Can I just... sleep with you tonight? I know it sounds weird-"

"Yeah," you cut him off. You moved onto what is usually Saeyoung's side so Saeran could lie down. Soon, you were both tucked in.

You were facing the opposite way so it wasn't as weird, but couldn't fall asleep. Mostly because the bed was shaking because Saeran himself was shaking. You don't know what he dreamt about, but it was kind of worrying you.

After a moment of thought, you turned around so you were facing him. He looked at you, and you looked back. Words wouldn't help him, so you inched closer and grabbed his hand with your own. You held it tight to give him a sense of security, and it seemed to calm him down.

 Soon, the both of you fell asleep, hand in hand.

For the first time in a while, Saeran felt protected.

------------

(A/N)

Merry Christmas! This chapter was a little gift for those who are on Team Saeran. It will get better later on though, so keep reading!!