Chapter 21

Saeran was in his bed and the gun was locked away in a drawer. Where he got the weapon, no one knows. But after a bit of talking, Saeran finally cried himself to sleep. Whatever was going through his mind was too abstract for anyone to figure out, even his own brother.

"Do you think he'll be fine?" you asked Saeyoung who was sitting at the edge of the bed. You were pacing around the room, playing with the sleeves of your sweater. "I was scared to death, I've never had a gun pointed at me like that before."

"He's going to be fine," he said.

"Are you sure? Is it true, how you would shelter him?"

"Yeah, but it's over with," he sighed, then laid down on his back. "I'm tired of all of this. I just want to sleep forever, ya feel?"

"I have a feeling like this won't be a temporary thing, Saeyoung," you stopped in your tracks to look at him. "You care, right?"

"Of course I care!" He exclaimed. "Why wouldn't you think I care, huh?"

"You know you can talk to me, right?" you said, a worried expression on your face. "I'm your wife, and I feel like you're hiding stuff from me."

"Yeah, you hid stuff from me too," he replied, getting a little petty.

"Yeah, that one thing. You found out about it, so shouldn't you be happy?" You gave out a sigh. "You aren't telling me something."

"I don't want to worry you with useless--"

"Shut up, it's not useless," you interrupted. "As the wife of this household and the only woman, I demand this home to be stress-free and not so tense and full of problems!"

"You're asking for too much." He sat back up and got on his feet. He stepped toward you and cupped your face with your hand, kissing your forehead.  "Go to bed, you need to stop worrying so much."

"I feel like I'm the only one who cares," you stuttered, anger flooding through your veins. "Either you tell me what the fuck is happening, or I'm staying somewhere else for the night."

"Really, like where?" he asked. "I feel like you're overreacting."

You let out a long sigh and looked up to the ceiling as if some greater power would just strike you down right then and there. You stopped pacing around and recollected yourself, looking at Saeyoung in the eyes.

"I will leave."

He quirked a brow and folded his arms.

"You're not going anywhere."

"Saeyoung, he literally pulled a gun on us!" You kept in mind to not make yourselves heard. Saeran was just across the hall. "Why aren't you concerned? The cops could get easily involved, but would you really want to do that?"

"I know what he's capable of, he'll never hurt us," Saeyoung said. "Do you really think you know him more than me? Well, I guess when it comes to k-"

"What the fuck do you mean?" You took a step closer to him. "He needs mental help, not this bullshit service that you're providing!"

"I'm not going to sit here and argue with you." He started taking off his shirt and pants, leaving him in the open with his boxers on. "I want to go to bed."

"What happened to the Saeyoung that wanted to always fix and protect things?" you asked. "What happened to the Saeyoung that cared for his brother, huh?"

"He's not here right now." He crawled under the covers. You stood there silent, half expecting that answer but not expecting the tone that came with it. You turned off the light and let him sleep.

***

It was a new day. Saeyoung was already gone somewhere unknown, and Saeran was still asleep. You were pacing around your room, Jaehee on the phone and voices low so you wouldn't wake up the child.

"Do you know where he went?" she asked on the other end. You were going through the dresser you shared with Saeyoung. One half was his, the other was yours.

"No, but I don't really care right now." You were opening his drawers to see if he did his laundry or not. By the looks of the hamper in the corner, it seemed like he didn't.

"We should arrange a girl's night, just me, you, and maybe some others from the office," Jaehee offered. You gave a smile, and it was able to be heard through the phone.

"That sounds therapeutic to me," you said, mindlessly going through his clothes like the mom you were (well actually let's hope that doesn't happen too soon). As you were going through his socks, you noticed a few pieces of paperwork sitting at the bottom. You pulled it out and sat on the bed.

"Yeah, I could make the preparations in a couple days when Jumin gives me a break," she said, giggling as if she made a joke. She was the only one who knew it, anyway.

You were listening to Jaehee as if she was white noise and looked at the documents. In an envelope was a paper that looked like illness results from a doctor.

"Jaehee, I have to go," you said, hanging up right away. As you read it, it said how the results for whoever the documents were for declared them to be diagnosed with depression. You sighed, assuming it was for poor Saeran. It all made sense, and you already figured something was wrong with him from the start.

You looked at the top of the report to see the date. It was from a week or so ago, but right next to the date was the patients name.

"...Saeyoung Choi?"

****

I hope you're enjoying the series even though my updates are unpredictable! Maybe I can come up with a schedule for future stories... speaking of...

Do YOU have an obsession with Jumin Han? Do YOU want to live with him like the crazy fangirl you are? ... or do you just appreciate him as a person and want to read a fanfic of him by yours truly???

Check out my new story 50 Shades of Han, available now on my profile! It's steamy, it's kinky, it's angsty, and it'll give your cheeks shades 50 shades of red!

Go check it out if you like crying! Thanks for the daily support, your feedback and comments fuel my motivation!