Chapter 17

The next morning, you woke up to an empty bed. Usually Saeyoung would sleep in with you after nights like those, but you checked the time and realized it was one in the afternoon. The latest you sleep would be around eleven in the morning, so you were surprised you woke up so late. The only bad thing was the hangover that possessed you.

When you went downstairs, you found Saeyoung on his computer doing God knows what. You walked up behind him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I thought you didn't do that hacker stuff anymore," you brought up. He was clicking around on a website you didn't recognize, so you just assumed.

"I don't, really," he said, "but it's not like I'm done working forever. It's not like I look into people's Facebook messages or anything."

You nodded, your head pounding, and your feet taking you to the couch to lay down.

Then you remembered what happened the night before, and you took a deep breath and cringed and felt defeated.

"Is Saeran awake yet?" you asked.

"Nope," Saeyoung replied, clicking and typing away. "Why?"

"Wondering," you said, leaving it at that. You hoped Saeran wouldn't tell anyone about what happened, but then again, why would he?

Later that night, you were still at work. You checked your phone a realized you had frantic calls, all of them missed, from Saeyoung. It made your heart drop, and you wondered what was so important. What if he found out?

After your shift was over, you went outside and called him back.

"(Y/N)!" was what you were greeted with once you called him back. You were panicking, just the slightest bit.

"What's wrong?"

"S-Someone egged our house! Just like, two eggs though, and I'm scared!"

You sighed.

"Did you check the group chat? Maybe someone did it from there," you suggested.

"No, not yet. And Saeran didn't do it, either. Uh, you check it, I'll check the security cameras," he said. You agreed and hung up.

(Y/N) entered the chatroom.

(Y/N): yo did anyone egg my house

JAEHEE: Someone egged your house!?

ZEN: wasn't me.

(Y/N): what about yoosung or jumin??

JAEHEE: I doubt it. Last I heard from Jumin was about ten minutes ago, and he was doing work stuff. Yoosung would never do that.

ZEN: i dont know, yoosungs been kind of a dick to me lately

(Y/N): alright. we're gonna check the cameras. just making sure whether or not it was a joke from one of you guys.

(Y/N) has left the chatroom.

When you arrived home, the eggs were already cleaned up. From the sound of it, it seemed like Saeyoung was too scared to do anything. You even thought he was hiding under his covers or something. Saeyoung was perched at his computer, looking through the footage of the camera set up above the front door.

"Any luck?" you asked.

"I'm looking right now," he said.

"No one from the chat did it," you continued, peeking over his shoulder. It was a grayscale video, decent quality, of the porch outside. In the clip, some random kid with his squad was responsible for the insult of your property. He had to be around town somewhere, but it wasn't worth hunting him down.

"Well, I'm not scared anymore," Saeyoung said, sighing and turning around in his chair so he was facing you. You smiled and climbed onto his lap, making him turn red.

"What were you even scared of? Some kid throwing things at you?"

"Well, I didn't want to be murdered or something," he replied, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Yeah," you said, yawning, "I'm going to bed now. I hate afternoon shifts."

"Goodnight," Saeyoung said, slightly pouting that you were leaving so soon. You got off of him, kissed him, then headed up to bed to sleep some more, as if you didn't sleep enough the night before.

Saeyoung stayed up for a few more hours looking through his files he forgot he had. Who forgets about security cameras placed for your own safety? What a headless man.

He had some placed in the hallways, living room, kitchen, many outside, and instead of placing them inside rooms and bathrooms to invade privacy, they're placed on top of the doorway. They're also very small, so small that Saeyoung forgot about them. Because of their size, they are unable to pick up audio, and it isn't necessarily the best camera quality, but still better than the ones outside of gas stations and warehouses.

The investment put into the cameras wasn't that big or magnificent, they were to give himself and his new family the best protection possible (even though he got them way before he even met you). Adding audio features would be nice.

Since every footage from everday is saved, it has its own folder full of hundreds of video clips, and it was taking up massive amounts of space. He decided to look at some of them.

"No way," he said to himself, looking at some clips from the party the other night. "I didn't remember Jumin stepping on his own shoelaces!! Loser." He had to contain his laughter as to not wake you or his brother up.

He went to look at the clips from upstairs. One of the ones from above the bathroom caught Yoosung crying, probably from nothing serious. One from above Saeran's door showed him walking out of it. When he went to one of the two living room ones, the camera was covered with decorations, so nothing could be seen.

He went to look at the kitchen cameras and saw the moment where Yoosung was sneaking some alcohol into him. Saeyoung laughed a little.

He was about to close everything out, but accidentally clicked on the kitchen clip's buffer bar to a point in the video where everyone was gone except for, what he saw, himself and you. It got his attention, and he decided to watch it.

He didn't remember ever talking to you in the night. He remembered going to bed early.

"I must've been so fucking out of it last night," he said, resting his face on his palm as he watched. He got kind of excited. What if you and him screwed on the counter and he didn't even remember it?? It'd be a free video to add to his Spank Bank. Er... his mind wandered, so let's leave it at that.

But wait.

"I was a cat last night."

Not a bumblebee.

"I wear glasses."

He never goes anywhere without them.

"That's not me."

And it wasn't. It was his own brother and his wife.

And they kissed in the kitchen late in the night where they thought no one would find out.