Chapter 19

The lights were too bright.

In the dark room, the candles were blinding Saeran's eyes. He had his eyes almost closed by how sensitive he had become.

All he felt was guilt.

"What's bothering you?" asked the man in the hood.

"I'm a horrible person," Saeran replied. The man took his hood down, revealing who Saeran thought it was in the first place: V.

"Talk to me," V said.

Saeran didn't know why he decided to travel all the way to the Mint Eye building. All of the guilt he felt from kissing his brother's wife kept getting heavier on his shoulders. He spent a whole night pacing around his room in fear. He spent so long learning how to trust Saeyoung again, and now he had the fear that it would take Saeyoung a long time to trust him, now. Even if it was just him being paranoid, he felt like he was going crazy, and had to see someone... or even something.

"I sinned, V," he said, stationary on a wooden chair that faced the other male. He looked up at him, and all V did was nod, encouraging him to just continue.

"I..." Saeran swallowed, almost afraid say what he did out loud. "I kissed my brother's girlfriend..."

V just... blinked.

"I think you're overreacting," V suggested. "Is there... an affair going on? Or was it only one time?"

This whole scandal has been dragged out for too long.

"It was only once, but it's eating me alive," Saeran explained. "It's just... fucking me up. I had a break down over it because it hits deeper than you think."

"You came here making me think you killed a man," V said.

"Are you invalidating how I feel?" Saeran twitched a brow, getting a little annoyed. "Because that's what I'm starting to understand: You don't really care how much this means to me."

"All I'm saying is that things could have been worse, but I do understand how this could upset you." V didn't want to piss Saeran off any further.

"Oh, you do?" There was sarcasm in the Choi's voice. (It runs in the family). "Then please refrain from making me feel like shit."

V sighed, the candles illuminating his stressed face. "I apologize for making you feel that way, but could you please elaborate on how deep this whole situation is?"

Saeran began by explaining his whole trust theory.

"I don't want to feel like I messed things up," he said, starting to use his hands to give expression to his explanation. "I care about (Y/N), and I don't want her to blame me for a tense relationship with Saeyoung or anything. I also feel like I forced myself on her a little bit, which doesn't help. I feel like I'm responsible for so many bad things, and talking about helps, kind of, but it just... makes me think I'll never grow up from being a bad person."

"I see where you're coming from," V said, the atmosphere feeling a little calmer now. "Has Saeyoung found out about it? He might not... be so pressed about it if you explain."

"I don't know if he knows," Saeran said, zoning out on some random candle among the many in front of him. "I'm afraid to tell him, so do you have any... advice?" He felt childish going to V just for this purpose.

"Yeah, so sit tight."

* * *

Saeran stepped out of the building, spending more time than anticipated. V's help made him calm down by the slightest, so he felt comfortable enough to go home. The plan was to just tell Saeyoung what happened, as if to show honesty so Saeyoung wouldn't have to find out by himself. Explaining himself would be a little healthier than keeping it in.

The cool night hair made him shiver, and he whipped out his phone... something he didn't do for a very long time that day.

Oh, there were many missed calls from (Y/N). And some text messages. He opened them before deciding to call back.

(Y/N): helloo??? r u with saeyoung???

(Y/N): im kinda home alone and wondering why no one is tellin me wwhere they r

(Y/N): call me back when u get the chance, i'll just hold tight.

Then you read a message you hoped you wouldn't see.

(Y/N): he found out about... the night. didnt tell me, there were cameras.

(Y/N): hes not mad btw, hes asleep. sorry.

Saeran sighed a little. He really didn't feel like coming up with some other plan, but knowing that he wasn't mad made him feeling a little better. Either way, it was time for him to head home. Which would... take a while.

SAERAN: How did he react? I'm coming home now btw.

He doubted that you were still awake, but at the same time, he needed someone to talk to. To be fair, you sent that message not too long ago.

After about ten minutes, you finally shot a response.

(Y/N): not as bad as you think. but please come home soon.