Chapter 9

You were sitting at a table at your work. There are reading nooks and you decided to sit at one before leaving the building. You were the last one there and wanted to think a little before heading back home.

Most of the lights were turned off and only a dimly lit candle lit up the room you were in. It was a fake candle, of course.

The night before, you didn't squirm out of Saeran's grasp. You instead  clung to him, unable to cry, while he kept repeating sorry for what seemed like half an hour. The two of you fell asleep holding onto eachother, like you would do to Saeyoung. Especially after either of you woke up from a nightmare.

You shuddered at each thought that came across your mind. Where was he? Will he be back home once you get there?

You finally grabbed your bag and headed home.

It was still empty when you got there, so you crashed on the couch with only a lamp on. It was dark outside. It was almost seven at night, and he still hasn't shown up.

Just as you lost all hope and felt tears making their way to the surface, you heard the door creak open with no other than Saeyoung himself. Oh, and Vanderwood of course.

You sprang up and sprinted to him, clinging to him instantly. He was taken aback and wrapped him arms around you in return. And, just like he said, showered you in kisses you were deprived of.

"I was worried sick," you said. Saeran came downstairs looking pissed off.

"So was I you prick," he said, making his way over to you two.

"I was gonna call you about the time being extended, but I didn't have service down there," he said. Vanderwood nodded in agreement.

"Oh," was all you could say. You were just relieved he was home.

He gently unclinged yourself from him and walked over to Saeran, taking him by the arm gently.

"I need to have a little talk with Saeran, (Y/N), so please stay put," Saeyoung, walking with his brother up to his room. You turned to Vanderwood, and she shrugged.

* * *

Saeyoung was in the shower, and you were laying on your bed waiting for him. The good thing was that you got the master bedroom.

Saeran heard the water run and took advantage of Saeyoung taking long-as-hell showers to go to your guys' room to tell you what he was told earlier. He motioned at the doorway for you to come out into the hallway. You also closed the door behind you.

"Wanna know where he was?" Saeran asked. That immediately got your attention, and you quickly nodded. "He went back to Mint Eye..."

You raised a brow. Why would he go back there?

"Apparently the whole cult thing disbanded without Rika, so it got taken over by doctors and turned into a mental hospital," he explained, sighing. "And he wants me to go there."

"You can't go back!" you said. "That's messed up..."

"He talked to the doctor's and apparently they are no joke, and that's why he took so long; he made sure everything was true, and good news, it is," he continued. "I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some help but... I'm still fucking pissed."

"Do you want to go, thought?" you asked.

"He's letting me decide but I know he wants me to go, and I will do anything for him," he replied. He heard the water turn off a little bit too early, and began wrapping up the conversation. "Just... don't tell him I told you, okay? Be oblivious."

With a nod, you went back into the room while he went back to his. You laid back down on the bed, same position, and Saeyoung walked in with no more than a towel around his waist.

"Hey there," he greeted with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle. You laughed a little.

"Hey there, sunshine," you said back. He sat at the edge of the bed, looking at you.

"So," he began. "It's been... a while."

You knew where he was headed at, and you felt nervous but also excited. Mostly because he reminded you that you still loved him. He didn't even need to say anything, he just had to be there.

"It has," you said. You pulled your legs tighter to your chest. "At least put your boxers on first."

With a little laugh, he let the towel drop to the floor and pulled on some undergarments. He didn't even shield himself from you while doing so, and it's not like you minded, it wasn't the first time you saw every inch of him.

"Better?" he asked. You nodded and he crawled next to you, getting real close. You turned to him and quickly kissed him. "I might be a little rusty..."

"Me too," you replied. You hated to admit it, and he hated it even more  to admit it.

"Do you have the supplies?" he whispered. You nodded and turned over and reached into your nightstand drawer, blindly running your hand through it. You felt your pocket knife, shower razor, and... aha, just what you were looking for. You pulled out two shiny Nintendo DS' fully loaded with Mario Kart. You gave one to him and kept one for yourself.

"I'm winning this time," you said, hiding under the covers. He joined you underneath of them, turning on his gaming system.

"Yeah, right."