Chapter 18

It was a very awkward day. All it did was drag on and have the most miserable vibe. To be fair, you woke up to an empty house, and after many attempted calls to Saeyoung and Saeran, no one got back to you.

Hopefully, the chatroom was lively.

(Y/N) has entered the chatroom.

JAEHEE: Oh, hello.

JAEHEE: Nice day, huh? Ignore me, I'm a little pressed.

(Y/N): Yeah, me too :/ Have you heard from Saeyoung? Or even Saeran?

JAEHEE: Saeyoung was online earlier, talking nonsense as usual. I don't know about Saeran, though.

(Y/N): He was!? I haven't been able to reach him all day! It's annoying, you know??? 

(Y/N): Anyway, to get my mind off of things, why are you pressed?

JAEHEE: Work struggles... Nothing I should burden others with.

JUMIN: I have zoned out, but I am back.

JUMIN: Jaehee, why don't you just slack off for once.

JUMIN: Hearing your complaints are starting to get really annoying.

JAEHEE: Well, at least you're honest...

JAEHEE: But I don't believe in a slacking off morality.

(Y/N): Did I join at the wrong time? lol

(Y/N): enjoy ur days guys... while i wonder why my own husband wont return my calls!!

(Y/N) has left the chatroom.

Maybe you were a little salty about Saeyoung talking in the chatroom but not to you. You had no idea what his problem was, and you hoped you would find out.

Around dinnertime, he finally came home. You spent hours reading comics and watching dumb dramas on TV, and once he stepped through the door, you instantly started fuming.

"Hey, honey! I'm home!" Saeyoung had some bags in his arms, and his overly-confident greeting gave you mixed signals. He made his way to the kitchen (you were still on the couch) and set down the things he got. You peered over, trying to make what he had been doing the whole day.

"Where were you?" You sat up, legs crossed in an anxious manner. "How come you didn't return my calls? Jaehee said that you were on the chatroom today."

"I had a question about a certain brand of tea, one of which you certainly wouldn't know!" His reply made you so ANGRY. You had no idea why he was being so... annoying and arrogant.

"Hey, I know my tea, boy!" You didn't sound angry, but you had the tone you would use if you were... fake angry. When you got up to take a look at his stash, you realized he was doing grocery shopping of... sorts.

"Anyway, I drove like, two hours to some authentic Korean market and got some goodies!" He started showing off the exotic brands of food he bought, which couldn't cost too much, and started putting the fresh fruit he got in some baskets. You blinked, and gave a little smile.

"I could've gone with you," you said, a little quietly, because you were low key hurt that he didn't take you along. Saeyoung responded with a laugh.

"What's wrong with some alone time?" He finished putting things in cabinets, then leaned against the island counter. "I'm back, though. All in one piece!"

You bit your lip a little and nodded.

"Was Saeran with you, too?"

"Nope!" Saeyoung pushed himself from the counter and walked around to mess with some magnets on the fridge. "Have you tried calling him? Texting him?"