Chapter 8

It was late afternoon, and Saeyoung still wasn't home yet. You just got home from work and was hoping to see him greeting you at the doorway and showering you in kisses just like he said. Honestly, you just wanted someone to remind you that you didn't have feelings for Saeran.

"Where is he?" you impatiently asked the other Choi after a couple minutes of getting in the house. He shrugged. He was laying on the couch, taking up the whole thing. You sighed and went over to him, lifting up his legs, sitting on the couch, and placing his legs back down onto your lap. They were kind of heavy, but hey, you're petite.

"Traffic maybe?" Saeran suggested. That's what you were hoping. You decided to give your love a call to check if he was alright.

And so you called.

And it kept ringing until his voicemail came up.

"He's not answering," you said after a couple more tries. Saeran had a worried look on his face and tried not to think much of it. "I'm hoping he's just in a dead spot."

A dead spot....

* * *

The building looked abandoned and older than the last time it was visited by the infamous duo. It was still being occupied; however, without its savior, the dwellers have become more hostile.

Saeyoung and Vanderwood were in for a treat.

They entered through the back. The green life surrounding the facility was dense and took work to get through. A couple thorns pierced the two men... or one man and woman? Either way, they were already getting tired when they reached the entrance.

Saeyoung breathed in, and opened the door...

* * *

Another hour passed and you were stressfully watching a Korean drama on Netflix. Saeran was sitting at the dining room table, playing Uno by himself. You were too nervous to play. And if you spent too much time that close to him, you were afraid you might fall for him more.

"Try texting the group chat," Saeran suggested. "I would, but my phone died and I'm too lazy to get it from the charger."

You got your phone out and entered the chat, already noticing that Zen and Yoosung were already talking in it.

(Y/N) has entered the chatroom.

YOOSUNG★: Oh hey, (Y/N)!

ZEN: I see the princess has arrived :)

YOOSUNG★: piss off

(Y/N): has anyone heard from saeyoung yet T_T

YOOSUNG★: he's coming back today, right? Jaehee said that's what you told her...

(Y/N): yeah, but he's not back yet and I'm worried!!

ZEN: give him more time, he might be in traffic and may not be back until later tonight.

YOOSUNG★: yeah! don't worry, he's usually an expert managing his time and yknow, being on time.

(Y/N): Hopefully I'll wake up with him next to me

ZEN: Don't worry, he'll be back.

ZEN: I hate seeing you upset :( It's not good for the face

YOOSUNG★: cheer up! Also tell Saeran I said 'hi', he hasn't been coming online lately...

(Y/N): Alright, I will. Thanks guys :D I'll see you later

(Y/N) has left the chatroom.

You flopped your phone down onto the couch and kept your eyes fixated on the televison.

Saeran eventually slithered over and sat next to you, joining you in the stressful Netflix binge. Hours passed until it was 7 at night. Your eyes felt heavy and you leaned against Saeran. He didn't budge, he was like a rock. A cold rock on the outside with warmth on the inside... like a volcano that hasn't erupted in a while.

"I hope I wake up with his arms around me," you said. "I hate being without him." Because it messes with your head? Yeah. It does. You need to keep telling yourself that Saeran is not him... Saeran is not him... Saeran is not him....

"I hope so too..." Saeran said. You sat back up and stood up, turning the televison off. Saeran stayed put.

"I'm going to lay down," you said. It was still early, but the good thing is, if you fell asleep, you would wake up around 12 in the morning or something, and you would be awake for your love's arrival! Then the emotional rollercoaster full of mixed feelings about Saeran would finally come to an end.

The bed felt empty when you laid on it. It has felt empty for the past few days. There's only one soul resting on it, but it craves two.

You fell asleep and woke up a little past twelve, feeling a warmth around you. Your heart raced and your little half asleep self was so full of hope and happiness and your worries went away.

"Saeyoung...?" you whispered, rubbing your eyes a little. His red hair was covering his eyes, so you moved it out of the way, and a pair of blue eyes were staring at you. He was so close to you, and you were so close to crying right now.

It was Saeran, not the Choi you hoped would be there holding you.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm so sorry..."