Chapter 7

It was dark and muddy, not to mention rainy. Saeyoung and his Mary couldn't bring umbrellas. Not here. That's the last thing they need.

They can't be seen right now. It would be too risky. Their life is on the line.

"Do we go in now?" Vanderwood asked in whisper. He looked over at his partner who nodded. The two stealthily made their way to the building.

Mint Eye...

* * *

You were still at a loss of words. Keeping you place on the couch, Saeran was already standing up away from you with his hands on his head, apologizing nonstop. You couldn't think of any words.

"I'm so sorry," Saeran began. "It's messed up... so messed up..." He grabbed handfuls of his hair and cursed to himself. You held your head in your hands and thought this over.

This scared you.

Not because Saeyoung could find out, not because Saeran was losing his mind..

You were loyal to Saeyoung, but...

...Were you developing feelings for him, too?

You told yourself you weren't, you told yourself it was wrong. You were so in love with your husband, your everything...

But at the same time, were you?

"Stop saying sorry," you finally said. Saeran was heavily breathing, and then he sat back down, frusterated beyond belief.

"No, it's wrong!" he said. "I can't fall for my brother's wife... it's such a cliche plot twist for movies... it's such a fucked up thing to do..."

"Saeran, calm d-"

"No! Shut up," he snapped. You looked down at the floor. Saeran sighed and sat all the way back, defeated. He knew he screwed up... big time. "This always happens: me fucking everything up. I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm so sorry..."

"At least you got it out," you pointed out.

"I wish I didn't," he replied, covering his face with his hands. "Now you probably hate me for thinking something so twisted... for turning my back on my brother.."

"I don't hate you," you said.

"Yeah you do, don't baby me!"

"Saeran, I never said I hated you!"

You were starting to get pissed off.

"Shut up already!" he snapped again. You stood up, and placed yourself in front of the sitting Saeran.

"Listen, think what you want to think, but I don't hate you," you began. He was listening, but refused to look at you. "I don't. I think you're a great human being, and you still have time to grow up, mentally of course, so stop calling yourself 'twisted' or 'fucked up'."

He replied with a sigh, so you kept going.

"I'm flattered that you like me in that way, so don't just jump to conclusions. Assuming is the worst thing to do in these types of situations. Take this advice for future references: don't assume. That's the thing that's fucked up, not you."

He stayed silent.

"Saeran, I love you-" you bit your tongue. You realized what you just said, and the thing is, it was like you were keeping it in without knowing. It was hidden in your subconscious, and you were so oblivious...

He looked up at you.

"I love you." You threw your hands up while saying it, turning your back to him. "I love you!"

"Huh...?" You turned back around.

"You heard me," you said, biting your lip.

"You love me," he repeated, slowly and quietly. You sat back down next to him.

"It's a phase," you said, shaking your head. "It's because- well, you look so much like Saeyoung, and he's not here right now, so.. yeah, I just miss him. My brain is messing with me..."

"I guess so..." he said. "It's just a stupid crush..."

"Yeah," you replied. You glanced at the clock, and back to him. "I should go to bed now... He'll be home tomorrow, and everything will be back to normal."

Saeran nodded, and you went to bed.

And as you lay on your bed, you think...

You think so hard...

I really love him, don't I...?