[One]

THE NEW GUY

THE NEW GUY

"I need a number 4, hold the mayo!" Alex Robertson shouts back to her boss and companion -although he would never admit it- Luke Danes as she prepares another pot of coffee.

"Get Ceaser to do it, I gotta make another-"

"I'm already on the coffee, get cracking on the sandwich."

Luke pokes his head out and chuckles. "What would I do without you, kid?"

"Crash and burn." Alex winks before turning back to the counter. The bell above the diner door rings as Lorelai Gilmore steps through.

"Ah, there's my darling niece." Lorelai says as she sits down at the counter.

"Morning, Aunt Lorelai." Alex smiles as she bustles around, picking up plates and sticking them in the bust tub.

"Say, you look great, did you do something different with your hair-?"

"You want an extra splash of coffee, don't you?"

"Desperately." Lorelai says, dramatically flopping her head down onto the counter.

"I've got your back. You didn't get it from me, though." Alex whispers playfully as she pours some coffee into one of Luke's exceptionally large mugs.

"Alex, you're a goddess." She says as Rory walks through the diner door.

"Hey, Rory, guess what? Your mom promoated me from angel to Godess!" Alex says as the brunette takes a seat beside her mother.

"Ooh, gave her the extra coffee splash this morning, did you?" Rory teases with a grin.

"I'm feeling generous today."

"Can I have some too?"

"Regular amount or too much?"

"There is no such thing as too much coffee," Lorelai says, pointing a finger at her niece.

Rory chuckles, looking back up at her cousin. "Regular is good, thanks."

"You got it." Alex says as she grabs another coffee cup, leaning back so she can look into the kitchen. "Luke, how you doing on that number 4?!"

"I can't find the mayo!" The older man shouts back.

"I said hold the mayo, old man!"

"Oh...well then, yeah, it's ready!"

Alex rolls her eyes as she places the mug of coffee in front of Rory. "He's a bit off his game today."

"We can tell." Lorelai smirks into her coffee cup.

"Get out here if it's ready!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Luke says as he comes out of the kitchen with a plate in his hand.