[Thirty Two]

STUPID WALNUTS_

STUPID WALNUTS
_

"Dear God Almighty, Mr. Mirkle!" Rory exclaimed from beside Alex, her brow furrowing at the pounding noise coming from outside. Alex had spent the night at the Gilmore residence the night before and they had stayed up considerably late watching movies, so you can imagine Rory's annoyance when she looked over at the clock and saw that it read 6:29 AM. She looked over at her cousin, shaking her. "Hey!"

"What?" Alex groaned, swatting at the brunette's hand.

"You are not sleeping through this." Rory said, shifting to sit on top of her cousin's back.

Alex grunted, sighing and opening her eyes irritably. "I was until you woke me up, you loser!"

"The Blue Man group is outside the house and you're sleeping?!"

"Not anymore, smartass." Alex grumbled, shoving her cousin off her back and sending her tumbling off the bed.

"Ow!" Rory groaned, sitting up and pouting. "Fine. I'll go see what it is."

"You do that." Alex sighed softly, snuggling further into the pillow and closing her eyes. She slept peacefully for a solid ten minutes until Rory was banging on the front door, yelling for Alex. "I'm going to kill her." The blonde muttered, getting up and padding towards the front door. She swung the door open and huffed. "I officially hate you."

"Hey, don't hate me!" Rory said, her eyebrows shooting up. "Hate Lu-" she pointed towards the porch and no one was there, making her pout once again. "He was literally just here."

Alex sighed. "Okay. Come on, back to bed." she said, tugging the other girl into the house.

"Alex!" Babette, who was obviously woken up by all the noise, called from her porch next door. "Get her back to bed, please!"

"Sorry, Babette!" Alex called, shutting the door and draping an arm around her cousin's shoulders. "C'mon, loser."

"He was there. I saw him. He was there."

"I know."

"I'm not crazy!"

"I know."

"He was banging on the porch rail!"

"I know."

"What the hell is going on?" Lorelai asked sleepily from the top of the stairs, rubbing at her eyes.

"I'm taking your demented daughter back to bed." Alex said, pushing Rory towards her bedroom.

"Oh, alright then. Carry on." Lorelai said, waving her hand dismissively at the teenagers and then going back to bed.

"I hate people." Rory said, crawling back into bed and pulling the covers over her head.

Alex rolled her eyes, crawling in beside her and going under the covers with her. "This is why you shouldn't be awake early in the morning. Period."