[Twenty Four]

IT'S PERFECT_

IT'S PERFECT
_

"Well?" Alex asked as she and Dean ate their dinner.

Dean smiled, shrugging. "What can I say?"

"You can say it's perfect."

"It's perfect."

"Good." Alex smiled. She bit her lip. "Now how is it really?"

Dean snorted. "It's perfect."

Alex beamed. "Really?"

"Yeah." Dean smiled. "I mean, I've never had anyone make dinner for me before." he said, almost bashfully. "Other than my mom of course and believe me, it's not the same."

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that." Alex smiled as Dean reached for another helping. "Wait, you want to save room for dessert, right?"

"Oh! That's right." Dean said, folding his hands. "So, what's for dessert?"

"Chocolate fantasy supreme."

"...which is?"

"Hang on," Alex said, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the milkshakes from the fridge. "Chocolate milkshakes with whipped cream and cherries."

Dean laughed. "You're insane." he said with a fond smile.

"Hey, don't call me out until you've tried them! I make a mean milkshake." Alex winked playfully. She frowned when she saw the can of unmade rolls sitting in the fridge. She set the milkshakes down and pulled the rolls out of the fridge with a groan. "Awe, man, I forgot to make the rolls!"

"What?" Dean asked, his brow furrowing.

"I was going to make rolls." Alex sighed, coming back into the dining room and hitting the can against the dining table as she began to open it.

"Woah, woah, what are you doing?" Dean asked, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"Well, here, let me make them now, and we-"

"Woah, Ally, hey," Dean took the rolls from his girlfriend and set them on the table, gently tugging her to sit in his lap. "Baby, we really don't need rolls."

Alex felt her heart flutter at the nickname and she prayed to every God she could think of that her face wasn't the same shade as a cherry. "Donna Reed wouldn't have forgotten the rolls." she pouted. "They're going to make me turn in my pearls!"

Dean tipped his head at his girlfriend and smiled. He pulled her close and kissed her softly, resting one arm across her lap as he held her gently by her back with the other. Alex tangled her fingers into his brown locks, sighing quietly against his lips.

Dean pulled away, rubbing his girlfriend's hip gently. "I promise I'll kick anyone's butt who comes near those pearls." he murmured.

Alex smiled, pecking his lips softly again.