[Twenty Three]

DONNA REED NIGHT_

DONNA REED NIGHT
_

"Okay, little Missy," Alex smiled as she put Apricot's food bowl on the floor, to which the small kitten raced over and became munching. "You just meow at me if you need anything else, okay?" she hummed, stroking her fur gently and making her purr with delight. The teenager walked into the living room and flopped onto the sofa with a sigh. She had been thinking about Dean all afternoon. She didn't mean to get so mad. But hearing him talking about finding the whole Donna Reed concept got her thinking. If that was the kind of girl he really did like, then what was he doing with her? She sure as hell wasn't Donna Reed. She didn't want to be Donna Reed. Oh, what the hell was she thinking? Dean didn't expect her to be Donna Reed! They had been dating for almost two months now! He knew her well enough to know that she was more than just cooking and cleaning. Hell, she was hardly those things to begin with. She could barely work the toaster and more often than not she forgot to make her bed in the morning. And he knew that. She didn't have to be Donna Reed. She was almost 100% positive that he was happy with her, Alex Robertson. But if all that were true, than why did she feel so self conscious?

She was broken out of her thoughts when Apricot came leaping into her lap, sweetly nuzzling her head against her abdomen.

Alex smiled. "Hi, little one." she said, lifting the kitten gently so she could cradle her in her arms. She sighed gently. "What do you think? Should I call him?" she asked. The small creature looked up at her and tilted her head to the side, looking perplexed. The blonde nodded. "Yeah, you're right. What am I thinking? Of course I should call him. This problem isn't going to fix itself." she said, gently placing the kitten on her thighs before grabbing the phone off the coffee table. She gently ran her fingers through the kitten's fur as she dialed Dean's home number, taking a deep breath as she pressed the phone to her ear. Apricot seemed to sense her nerves as she rubbed up against the blonde, purring and snuggling into her tee shirt.

"Hello?" A small, female voice rang over the receiver.

Alex bit her lip. "Hi there. Is uh, is Dean home?"

A small giggle could be heard from the other end. "This is Alex, isn't it?"

"Um, yes? Who is this?"

"I'm Clara. I'm Dean's sister."

Alex smiled. "Oh, okay. Hi, Clara. Is Dean there?"

"No, sorry, he's not."

Alex deflated. "Oh. Okay."

"He's still working. He should be home soon. Do you want me to tell him you called?"

"Yes, that'd be great. Thanks, Clara."

"Sure! Oh, and Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Dean has a lot of pictures of you in his room. You're really pretty."

Alex laughed. "Thanks, Clara. I appreciate that. It was nice talking to you."