[Twenty Eight]

ONE SIXTY FOURTH OF YOUR LIFE_

_

"You look so good!" Lane squealed when she walked into the Robertson household and saw Alex's outfit, beaming brightly at her blonde friend. "I can't believe it's been three months!"

"I know!" Alex grinned, bouncing on her toes with excitement.

"That's like one sixty-fourth of your life, you know." Melissa teased as she gently put her flower pin into her daughter's hair.

"I have got to stop hanging out with you people. You and your boyfriends make my life seem too pathetic."

"Join the club." Lorelai teased with a soft smile.

"Speaking of boyfriends," Alex said, turning to face Rory. "Any plans with Tommy tonight?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"You seem to forget that I still have to go to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's tonight."

"Uh huh. And when you get back?"

"...he offered to buy me coffee and go book shopping with me." Rory beamed.

Alex smirked, slinging her arm around Lane's shoulders. "Am I the best matchmaker ever or am I the best matchmaker ever?"

"You are the best matchmaker ever." Lane said, slinging her arm around her friend's waist and looking up at her. "Which is why you should totally set me up."

Alex grinned, giving the shorter Korean girl a gentle squeeze. "You tell me who you have your eye on, and I will make it happen."

"Have I told you how much I love you?"

"Not today."

"If you weren't already taken, I'd date you."

"Awe, yay!" Alex smiled. "I would totally make out with you, just for the record."

"Okay, okay, shut up so I can take your picture." Jim said teasingly as he walked into the room with Melissa's polaroid in his hands.

"Loving the enthusiasm, Dad." Alex rolled her eyes, slinging her arms around Lane and Rory's shoulders.

"Is it really a shock to you?" Rory asked, raising her eyebrows as she wrapped her arm around her cousin's waist.

"Not really." Alex answered, making the two other girls laugh softly.

"Smile!" Jim said, and the three girls flashed their teeth at the camera as it went off. The man smiled, pulling the polaroid out when it developed. "Classic."

Alex smiled, her heart picking up when she heard a car horn from outside. "That's Dean."

"Remember, you tell us everything when you get back." Rory said, pointing a finger at her cousin.

"Otherwise we will be forced to kill you slowly." Lorelai joked, and Alex snorted out a laugh.

"Will do." Alex said, hugging her friends and then her mother.