[Nineteen]

PLAYING MATCH MAKER_

PLAYING MATCH MAKER
_

"Wow. You went book crazy." Alex chuckled as she topped off her cousin's coffee, looking at all the books she had splayed out across the table.

"What can I say? The selection was particularly good today." Rory grinned as she flipped through one of her new books.

"That's what you say every time you go to the bookstore." the blonde said, raising her eyebrows.

"As if it's any different than when you go to buy new CD's."

"Touché."

Rory laughed softly, looking up when the door to the diner opened. Alex followed her gaze, smiling when her friend Thomas -or Tommy as she called him- stepped through the door.

"Hey, Tommy." she greeted, and the male looked up and smiled over at her.

"Hey, Alex. Rory." Thomas greeted, and Rory smiled brightly and gave him a small wave.

"Hi, Thomas."

"You can call me Tom if you want. Or Tommy. Whatever you want." he shrugged.

"Okay then, Tommy." Rory laughed softly, chewing her lip as she looked up at the brunette boy.

Alex raised her eyebrows as her cousin eyed her friend with doe like eyes, chuckling gently. "You want some coffee, Tom bomb?"

"Sure."

"Here, sit." Rory said, gesturing to the other chair at the table she was seated at.

"Thanks." Thomas said, taking a seat as Alex poured him a cup of coffee.

"How's the car coming, Tom?" Alex asked, placing the pot of coffee on the table and shoving her hands into the pockets of her apron.

"Great. Dean and I are almost finished with it." Thomas answered with a nod.

"You and Dean know each other?" Rory asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah. We work on cars sometimes in his garage. I won't lie, I think the only reason he asks me to help him is because I have the good tools." Thomas joked with a smile.

Rory giggled.

She freaking giggled. Rory Gilmore never giggles. Like...ever. She laughs, sure. But giggling? Boy, was she whipped.

"Well, I'm glad it's coming along okay." Alex smiled. "Hey, you know, Dean, Rory and I are going to see a movie tomorrow night. Would you like to join us?"

Rory's blue eyes shot up to her cousin, giving her what Alex considered "the look of death."

"Sure, I'd love to." Thomas smiled.

"Great! It's a plan." Alex smiled.

"Awesome." Thomas smiled over at Rory, who smiled bashfully back. "I should get going. How much do I owe you for the coffee?"