[Seventeen]

BEDTIME LULLABIES

BEDTIME LULLABIES...KIND OF
_

"Are all these women really Miss Patty?" Dean questioned as he looked at the pictures all over the wall of the dance studio, his eyebrows raised.

"Yep." Alex said, leaning her arm on his shoulder. "When I used to take dance lessons when I was a kid, she always said that she's done everything there is to do in show business except for set fire to the hoop the dogs jump through." she chuckled, yelping a bit when her purse slid from her hands and onto the floor.

"I'll get it." Dean said, stooping over to scoop it off the floor. "God, this thing weighs a ton! What do you have in here?"

"I don't know. Lipstick, my wallet, a hairbrush, my iPod." The blonde shrugged.

"iPod?"

"Sure. You never know when you're going to need some good tunes to jam to." Alex grinned. "You wanna listen?"

"Sure."

Alex pulled the iPod from her back and plugged in her earbuds, handing one to Dean as they both settled into a bean bag chair against the wall. She searched through her playlist before she came across one of her favorite songs and hit play.

"Now that she's back in the atmosphere, with drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey..."

Dean grinned, draping an arm around her waist and softly tugging her into his side. "You like Train?"

"Um, duh, who doesn't like Train?"

"She acts like summer and walks like rain, reminds me that there's time to change hey, hey..."

Dean sighed softly in content, pressing his lips against Alex's temple, making her smile.

"Thanks for tonight. It was perfect." she whispered, resting her head against his shoulder and turning it so she was looking up into his hazel eyes.

Dean smiled, kissing his forehead gingerly. "You're welcome." he murmured, before his lips were meeting hers in a gentle kiss.

"Since her return from her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey..."

And just like that, Alex curled up against Dean's chest as he gently held her, tracing his fingers slowly up and down her back and Drops of Jupiter playing softly in their ears, the couple fell asleep.

***

"Alex? Alex, sweetheart, wake up. What are you doing here?"