[Twenty Six]

SO NOT FAIR_

SO NOT FAIR
_

Alex smiled when she walked out of the school and saw Dean sitting at their regular meeting spot, his eyes scanning across the copy of Les Miserables she let him borrow. She made her way over and flopped down beside him, looking at him expectantly.

"So?"

Dean looked over at her, arching an eyebrow. "It's depressing."

Alex scoffed. "It's beautiful."

"Her dad died on her wedding day."

"And then he was reunited with her mother and everyone else who died in the war."

Dean shrugged. "I don't know. I think Victor Hugo is a little over my head."

"Oh, come on, no it's not! Victor Hugo wrote tons of classics! The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, Claude Gueux, Ninety-Three." Alex raised her eyebrows. "The thought that you have to be a genius to read his work is a total stereotype."

Dean sighed. "Yeah, but..."

"Listen, I know it's big-"

"Very big."

"-and I know it's long-"

"Very, very long."

"-and everyone has awkward French names that makes it somewhat harder to read-"

"Almost everyone's name was a weird "I" and or "j" sound. That's just weird."

"But it's one of my favorite books and I really think if you'd give it another chance, you'd like it." Alex said, hanging on his arm gently and resting her chin on his shoulder. "Come on, please? For me?"

Dean sighed, lolling his head to look at her. "Well, when you put it like that..." he murmured. "Okay, fine. I'll give it another shot."

"Really?" The blonde beamed.

Dean smiled, seeing how happy he made her. "Really."

"Yay!" Alex squealed, planting a kiss on his cheek. "You won't be sorry." she said, bopping his nose and making him chuckle. "Hey, walk me to work?"

"You got it." Dean said, getting to his feet and slipping the book into his book bag and Alex followed suit.

Alex took his hand in hers and laced their fingers together as they began to walk towards the diner, people buzzing around trying to get everything ready for the annual Stars Hollow Romance Festival.

Dean snickered. "And I thought Christmas was a big deal around here."

"Well, we like to celebrate." Alex shrugged. "One time we had a carnival that lasted for a whole month."

"A month? You're kidding."

"Nope. There were rides, a petting zoo, balloon animals, and a freak show." Alex teased.