[Ten]

BAT CRAP CRAZY

Alex stood in her room, swaddled in her pink bathrobe and slippers as she stared at all the clothes spread out across her bed

Alex stood in her room, swaddled in her pink bathrobe and slippers as she stared at all the clothes spread out across her bed. This was suppose to be an easy night. A night of junk food and sweatpants all while making terrible jokes with her family. Now she actually had to look decent.

She sighed, scrubbing a hand over her face before reaching up to undo her ponytail and let her blonde curls fall around her shoulders. She didn't even notice when Rory stepped into the room.

"Wow, look at you." She said, looking at her cousin's bathrobe. "You know, get some cold cream and some curlers and you can show him exactly what he'll be coming home to every night."

Alex shot her cousin a glare, her eyes then falling back to all the clothes spread out over her comforter. "Tonight was suppose to be simple. Watch a movie, eat junk, go to bed feeling like crap. End of story. Now I have to look decent which is literally impossible because I am disgusting and have absolutely nothing to wear." She groaned, covering her face with her hands.

Rory tipped her head at her cousin. "Do you want some help?"

"No." Alex said, sighing before looking back up again. "Yes."

Rory giggled, walking over to stand beside her. "Okay. Well, I know how you like to match everything, so I'm thinking-" She leaned over and grabbed a light blue blouse and laid it over a pair of ripped but absolutely adorable blue jeans. "-you wear this. It's casual enough so you don't look desperate, but the shirt will make your eyes pop and make you look like the goddess you are." She smiled brightly.

Alex stared at the outfit, her lips parted in surprise. "I - I don't - how?"

"What do you mean?"

"I was staring at that shirt for 10 freaking minutes, and you come in and it's an outfit." Alex says, flopping down onto her bed.

"Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what you look good in. Which is everything by the way." Rory says, taking a seat beside her.

Alex snorted, looking down at her lap and shaking her head. "Yeah, sure."

"Oh come on, Alex. Listen, I know this isn't the ideal date, but at least he's coming, right? Not that I had any doubt he would. He's so obviously into you." Rory grinned, and Alex peaked up at her cousin.

"You really think so?"

"Are you kidding? Lexi, he carries your bag for you, he takes an interest in the stuff you like, he made you a bracelet for your birthday for God's sake." Rory said, slinging an arm around the blonde's shoulders. "And oh my God, he kissed you! In the market! How cute is that?!"

Alex giggled, resting her head on her cousin's shoulder. "I guess you're right."

"Of course I am." Rory said, laughing when the blonde smacked her shoulder. "You know, I've never seen you like this because of a guy. You know what that means?"