[Thirty Three]

YOU HAVE NO IDEA_

YOU HAVE NO IDEA
_

Alex raced towards the front desk of Stars Hollow General, skidding to a stop and placing her hands on the counter. "Hi," she breathed, giving the receptionist a small smile. "My name is Alex Robertson, I'm here to see Dean Forester? And before you ask, no, I'm not family, and no, I'm not a close friend - hell, I don't even know if I'm a friend at all anymore." she shook her head. "I'm the ex girlfriend who made a really big mistake and even if you can't let me see him, can you please tell me if he's okay?"

"Alex?"

The blonde girl whipped her head to the side when she heard the familiar voice, huffing out a sigh of relief when she saw Dean rounding the corner. She turned back to the receptionist for a minute, who just looked at her with an amused smirk. "Never mind." she laughed softly before racing towards her ex boyfriend and shamelessly throwing herself into his arms.

Dean let out a small grunt as his arms went around her, his brow furrowing. "W-What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was in the market and Taylor said you had an allergic reaction. I-I wanted to see if you were okay and you are." Alex murmured in relief, burying her nose into his sweater and inhaling his familiar scent.

"Alex, it was an allergic reaction to walnuts, not the plague." Dean said, squeezing the girl in his arms gently. "I'm okay."

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know how severe it was!" Alex said, pulling back to look up at him. "All I heard was nuts, allergic, and hospital." she said, folding her arms over her chest. She sighed, raking a hand through her hair. "Sorry. I shouldn't have come here." she murmured, turning on her heel to walk away.

"Hey, wait." Dean said, catching her by the wrist. "You came all the way down here just to make sure I was alright?"

"Well, duh." Alex said, raising her eyebrows.

"But...But why?"

"Because, smart one, I care about you." Alex said, rolling her eyes. "I spent the entire car ride here thinking about what might happen if you weren't okay, or if it had been worse, or...I don't know. I was scared. I didn't want anything to happen to you."

Dean met her gaze for what felt like the first time in years, even though it had only been a week. "You mean that?"

"No, I'm lying." Alex deadpanned. "Of course I mean it, smart one, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't."

"Yeah?" Dean asked, raising his eyebrows hopefully.

"Yeah." Alex said, stepping closer to him. "And that should be reason enough for you to believe me when I tell you...I-I'm so sorry, Dean." she whispered. "I love you. I love you, Dean Forester."

Dean's eyes were wide as he cupped her cheeks in his large hands, pressing his lips tenderly to hers. Alex reached up and wound her arms tightly around his neck, tangling her hands into his hair - oh, how she missed this hair.