[Seven]

IT'S MY PARTY, I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO

Alex's eyes fluttered open when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder

Alex's eyes fluttered open when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She rolled over to see Rory beside her bed, grinning at her brightly.

"Happy birthday," She exclaimed happily.

The blonde turned her head to see the time on the clock said 6:32 AM. The time she was born. She looked up at her cousin and smiled.

"You got up early and came all the way over here just to tell me happy birthday?"

"I mean, I knew your mom would already be up, so it's not like I broke into your house."

"Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised or angry if you did that." Alex smiled sleepily.

Rory rolled her eyes. "Move over," She said, crawling into bed beside her cousin, the way they did when they were toddlers.

Alex yawned and latched onto her cousin's arm, snuggling her head into her shoulder sleepily. "Do I have to go to school today?"

"Yes! You can't just not see your boyfriend on your birthday." Rory smirked.

"I was not aware of this boyfriend. Is he cute?"

"Oh he's cute. And he's tall, and his name rhymes with Bean. He's your Dean Bean!"

"If you say that in front of him I will quite literally rip your throat out."

Rory giggled into her cousin's messy blonde curls. "I won't, I promise. Can you believe we're both 17 now?"

"Not really. It feels like it was only a little while ago we were sitting out in the yard, eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Babette's garden gnomes." Alex smiled.

"Oh my God," Rory laughed, face palming herself. "I can't believe we actually did that."

"Well, they did look quite lonely."

"They totally did."

"10 more minutes girls!" Melissa's voice rang from the living room.

"10 more minutes to sleep." Alex hummed, snuggling further into her cousin's shoulder.

Rory chuckled, turning a bit so her head was resting on Alex's. "Love you, Ally."

"Love you, Roar."

***

"Happy birthday!" Melissa said as she enveloped her daughter into a tight hug as her and Rory came out of Alex's bedroom.

Alex giggled, hugging her mother tightly. "Thanks, Mama."

"Speaking of birthday, how do you feel about two parties this year...?"

"You couldn't get Grandma to cave?" Alex asked, arching an eyebrow.

"No, but I managed to convince her to have the string quartette play Like a Virgin." Lorelai said as she walked through.