Wrong doing

"Tommarrows a full moon, Ondina! Stop thinking like this!" Veridia exclaimed.

"I'm sorry but what if it doesn't work!" Ondina cried, looking around at everyone.

"Have you seen Erik?" Mimmi asked her.

"No, why?" Ondina raised her eyebrows at the sudden question.

"He's not answering any of my calls or texts." Mimmi sighed.

Serena suddenly entered the grotto.

"Serena! You should be resting!" Rita jumped to her feet.

"I wanted to help." Serena breathed in.

Her face was streaked with tears. She had clearly been crying.

Lyla kicked Nixie when she was about to ask.

"Where's Zach?" She looked around.

"He's with the other girls." Evie nodded to her. Serena seemed relieved.

"Now, let's go over the plan again." Veridia slightly smiled.

"Ok, these. Are yours, for now." Zach opened his fist.

Four moon rings lay in the palm of his hand.

"Whoa." Rikki immediately grabbed one while Cleo slowly reached out as if it would bite.

"Why us?" Emma snatched one up, rubbing its shining moon stone.

"Veridia thought it best to let you four have one." Zach grinned as Bella pushed it on her finger.

"What can this sucker do?" Rikki licked her lips.

"Wait a second." Emma looked up at Zach, crossing her arms.

"What?" Cleo said, glancing from Emma to Zach.

"Veridia didn't give you these." Emma sighed, squinting her eyes.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Zach slowly edged backwards.

"Yes Emma, what do you mean?" Bella swallowed.

"Veridia knows they can't stop the water Dragon." Emma smirked.

"Yeah. She does." Rikki breathed.

Everyone fell silent until Cleo broke the silence.

"How did you get them?"

"I-when I was in the mermaid council chamber, they had a hole in the rock. It was full to the brim of moon rings. When no one was looking I took four." Zach shuffled his feet as he said it to the forest floor.

"But why?" Emma looked at Zach waiting.

"Just trust me. Ok? These will help with something, soon. Just trust me." Zach looked up at them, pleading.

"I trust you Zach. Just don't do this for US ever again." Bella nodded.

"What are you implying?" Emma glanced back at her.

"It's just, he could've gotten more moon rings for anyone! But he got them for US." Bella explained.

Emma turned back to Zach.

"We trust you. This should make sense later Zach." Emma sighed, agreeing.

"It better." Rikki muttered as the girls left Zach alone in the middle of the forest.

"Ok, I'm gonna go search Mako island." Said Weilan, standing up from her seat.
"What? Why?" Lyla looked up at her.
"I just want to get outta here before Veridia comes back." Weilan smiled, leaving the grotto.
"Have you all noticed it?" Mimmi looked to the others.
"What?" Evie looked away from Lyla back to Mimmi.
"She's hiding something." Mimmi and Nixie said together.
"How long have you two known she's been acting weird?" Rita slowly stepped away from Serena.
"I dunno. I guess, right before Erik lost his tail?" Mimmi thought aloud.
"Well, someone needs to talk to her." Ondina rolled her eyes. They all looked to her.
"Me?" Ondina cried, then started laughing, then stopped.
"You've got to be joking." She crossed her arms.
"It could work, I mean, you have been getting along this week." Evie smirked.
"You have, thats true." Serena chuckled.
"Ok, fine. I'll go ask her. Hey, Weilan, have you been doing anything mysterious lately?" Ondina said sarcastically.
"Say that, Just a little more kind." Evie joked loudly.